Why no OT Board Moderators?

JLXC

First Post
Many other boards like this have a full on OT board. Let all the people go and babble there. I have never understood why these boards did not have one.

Zappo

Explorer
Mostly because Morrus (and Eric before him) wants them to stay on focus on D&D and roleplaying in general. There are other places to talk about other things.

JLXC

First Post
Zappo, yeah I noticed that with all the constant OT posts. If there was another forum, then this would be a non-issue. People WOULD stay on topic.

Zappo

Explorer
That's why the mods don't like the number of OT posts. The basic idea is that poeple just shouldn't talk much about OT stuff here. I think one of them would answer you better, though.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
#1: This should be in Meta, not in General Discussion. I'll move it.

#2: There will never be an OT board here. Morrus has no interest in hosting one, and I agree with him completely on that. We generally point people towards boards like Nutkinland for that. A few OT threads are great in general discussion; they help build the community, and they're fun. A lot is less cool, and we try to avoid it. That's why we ask people to try and use their discretion ande good judgement before posting OT threads.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I don't know how many threads asking this very question I have seen over the months - even though reading the FAQ thread would answer this question easily enough... ;)

From the FAQ thread (here in Meta)
Can we have an Off-Topic forum?

Nope. Sorry. I have no interest in running such a board. All I want to run is a D&D/d20 board. If I ever do decide I'd like to run a messageboard on a different subject, then I'll do so elsewhere.

Last edited:

Besides, what would one talk about in an OT forum? If it's something off-topic, wouldn't it then be on topic, thus making it off topic? And it it was on-topic, wouldn't it then be off-topic, thus making it on-topic?

It's all very confusing...

Plus just the on topic forums alone are already straining the server. Maybe if Moruss gets a dual AMD XP 2100 system going he can get some moderators for one, but right now ENworld really can't handle more forums.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Heretic Apostate said:
Besides, what would one talk about in an OT forum? If it's something off-topic, wouldn't it then be on topic, thus making it off topic? And it it was on-topic, wouldn't it then be off-topic, thus making it on-topic?

It's all very confusing...
ROFLMAO!!! :D

Remove ads