D&D 5E Why Not? A Variant Captain Fighter

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
And since my goal is improved versatility for the Fighter those extra feats really already are golden... as long as I can make it so you are already combat versatile like I feel fighters really should be out of the box those feats feel fine used on other things too.

Can a maneuver modify second wind so that it affects allies? Well why not? Or honestly is it really a problem if it just does... I am thinking we are already eating some of the subclasses with this idea anyhow.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Hmmm now it occurs to me another thing

Charge needs to be a maneuver too although it seems silly any fighter not having it so it should be available to a Champion regardless as its perfect for them. When you dash you may make a single attack after a minimum of 10 feet movement add CS die damage to the the attack if its is successful and push the enemy back 10 feet. Not sure.

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Hmmm now it occurs to me another thing

Charge needs to be a maneuver too although it seems silly any fighter not having it so it should be available to a Champion regardless as its perfect for them. When you dash you may make a single attack after a minimum of 10 feet movement add CS die damage to the the attack if its is successful and push the enemy back 10 feet. Not sure.
First, add the basic special action option available to anyone. The Charger feat gives a good guidepost. If you dash, you can attack as a bonus action. Good. Should have been a rule rather than a feat anyway.

Maneuver, then, let’s you spend a die to attack as part of the dash action as long as you move at least 10ft before the attack, and add CS die to damage. If you hit, you gain a bonus equal to CS die result to your next attempt to shove the target before the start of your next turn.

doctorbadwolf

First, add the basic special action option available to anyone. The Charger feat gives a good guidepost. If you dash, you can attack as a bonus action. Good. Should have been a rule rather than a feat anyway.

Maneuver, then, let’s you spend a die to attack as part of the dash action as long as you move at least 10ft before the attack, and add CS die to damage. If you hit, you gain a bonus equal to CS die result to your next attempt to shove the target before the start of your next turn.
Or maybe instead of the bonus at the end, you can try to shove as a bonus action.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Works for me entirely makes charging simpler. Make a single melee attack as a bonus action if you dash and move 10 feet or more in a straight line.
That attack made as part of a dash would be modifiable with a CS die unless we add special language regardless right?

doctorbadwolf

Works for me entirely makes charging simpler. Make a single melee attack as a bonus action if you dash and move 10 feet or more in a straight line.

That attack made as part of a dash would be modifiable with a CS die unless we add special language regardless right?
I'm not sure if taht would work. It would work with the normal charge rule, though, to allow a charge attack with CS die bonus, and then a bonus action attack. I suppose the bonus action attack would be open to CS die use.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am a bit despondent about success at properly enriching the 5e fighter in a manner It seems like it ought to be. 5e stripped out a lot of handles , like that charge and marking. I looked at the Cavalier closer and it looks like its not nearly as capable of defender in many ways even at high level as a level 1 4e fighter. For example you know how come and get it is cool? Look at this one charge into a bunch of enemies and mark all of them around you. There is no real way to even give the Cavalier something simple like this.
1583798811410.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
A level 1 daily can hit one hard (same as doing the CS die) push em around and daze another adjacent enemy save ends and do small damage with it

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
How about when you dash you may make an extra melee attack as a bonus action at the end of your turns movement. (ie you may not move further til next turn)
Dash would join grab and shove as actions that can have an attack added to them if you can perform extra attacks

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases