• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will D&D make strength matter again?

G

Guest 6801328

Agree, the OPs idea looks more complex than needed.

Do one of the following instead:
1) Get rid of rapiers altogether.
2) Remove the + on melee damage from Dex.

Yes. For god's sake get rid of the rapier.

While that thread drifted towards nonsense, I state, that Strength certainly matters in our games. A little bit of initiative and ranged weaponry should balance athletics check to actively grapple and shove or allowing you to actually carrying your own weight and that of your gear and your loot. In our games strength does matter as much as dexterity. And it is not the god of stats as many think it is.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Strength matters in my gaming group also, but I can see how it might matter less to some groups, and how it might not matter at all to others.

There's some good advice in this thread for players and DMs alike who want to make Strength a little more (or a lot more) important. I hope we were able to help the OP out with some fresh ideas.

Vis

First Post
What about adding piercing resistance/immunity to monsters? Or give bludgeoning/slashing vulnerability to monsters? I haven't had an issue with DEX based combat in our sessions.

Remove ads