Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Son of Meepo

First Post
The group begins to slowly climb the cliff. So far, nothing impedes your progress.

GM: You can take another round of actions.

[MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION]. Darkvision isn't necessary, but will make things easier when searching the caves. I'll give you a +4 bonus to your perception checks if you have darkvision.

Medina

Explorer
Margassh continues to struggle up the cliff, but looses his handhold, and falls back to the ground. Winded, he dusts himself off, ready to try again, but he can't find a handhold to get started.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Try and move to the ledge at L24. Fail and fall back to the ground level. No damage at least since it's only about 5'.
Standard:Try and climb to L26. Fail
[/sblock]

OOC: I think my aim for this encounter might be making it 10' up by the time we find the heart of stone. I might stop there, and rely on having a 10 square range for anything nasty that appears, and let Chupacabra and the more competent climbers do the searching.

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Noctua climbs the slope ahead of Ilex making it to the next ledge unlike Ilex who slipped back down to the lower ledge as her hand and foot holds crumble. you hear a sound from Noctua the sounds suspiciously like laughter.
[sblock=actions]
Noctua Noctua's climb to k19 (1d20+6=11)

Noctua's climb to on ledge k18 (1d20+6=17)

Ilex climb to L19 (1d20=5) Fail – Fall from L22 to L24 no dmg standing

Ilex tries again to climb, this time to L20 (1d20=1) Fail to climb at all. No dmg. Standing [/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
The little beast formerly known as the horrible creature in the bird cage peeks cautiously into the closest dark cave.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Stealth check to hide and move 2 squares next to the cave
Minor: Use Unseelie eyes. It's an encounter power and lasts until the end of the encounter, so why not?
Standard action: search the cave[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Merri makes a little move bit up the slope before sliding back down the slope. Luckily she is able to stop her fall a few feet down.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Climb to N-22 Atletetics check: 17, roll.
Standard: convert to move: roll fail, slide back down to N-24. Luckily no damage.
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
The creature searches the cave, but fails to find anything useful, this cave is easily accessible, and is probably used often by the natives.

The rocks in this cave look ordinary, probably not what you are looking for as far as ritual components go.

GM: [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION], I think we are still waiting for Lenyara to act this round.

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the delay

Lenyara continued to make her way up the cliffs. As she moved sideways, she nearly lost her grip- but she managed to hold on through sheer determination.

[sblock= OOC]
>Athletics checks for climbing: 1d20+7= 18 (pass); 1d20+7= 14 (pass); rolls Roll Lookup
>Moved Lenyara on map
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Nothing interesting happens... yet. You can take another round.

You can also try other skills as a minor action to help you find an easier path to climb. A successful Dungeoneering, Nature, or Perception check (DC 13) can give you a +2 to your Athletics checks for a round.

Last edited:

Remove ads