D&D General WizKids “The Tower” looks like a ridiculous photoshop. And awesome!

darjr

I crit!
WizKids “The Tower” looks like a ridiculous photoshop. And awesome!

My FLGS took this photo and it looks so fake! And awesome!

0E6C1D88-DA43-45B0-A595-FD4365FE01DB.jpeg

ccs

41st lv DM
The photo on the box IS accurate though.
The guys at my local shop opened one (trying to sell it).
For the price we were not impressed. We're taking bets on how long it takes to sell.

Oofta

Legend
The photo on the box IS accurate though.
The guys at my local shop opened one (trying to sell it).
For the price we were not impressed. We're taking bets on how long it takes to sell.
Yeah, I glanced at it myself. For something that I would use so rarely, not worth the price even if I don't mind spending money on the hobby now and then because it's so relatively cheap.

ccs

41st lv DM
We were looking at it more for miniature wargaming in general. It's a nice enough piece. It'd see use. But not for that ridiculous price tag.....

Richards

Legend
I've been to the Game Shoppe referenced in darjr's original post - in fact, I just picked up my son some D&D Miniatures there for his Christmas stocking: a pair of drow, a pair of hags, a pair of flumphs, and a displacer beast.

I think I'll pass on the tower, though. For the price they're asking, I'd probably do better making my own out of poster board.

Johnathan

ccs

41st lv DM
I've been to the Game Shoppe referenced in darjr's original post - in fact, I just picked up my son some D&D Miniatures there for his Christmas stocking: a pair of drow, a pair of hags, a pair of flumphs, and a displacer beast.

I think I'll pass on the tower, though. For the price they're asking, I'd probably do better making my own out of poster board.

Johnathan
I'd suggest a trip to a home improvement store & start with a concrete form tube as your base. They're cheap, easy to cut into section with a hack saw, & come in many sizes.
After that there's many many options for doing the brick work to cover it.

It looks like a fun addition to a miniature collection, but the price is absurd. And to be honest, it doesn't even look that good considering the price. I could probably cook something up for a fraction of that amount, which would look much, much better.

Remove ads