• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World Cup Hockey!!!

jester47

First Post
Congrats to Canada and all the Canadian ENWorlders!

Man I swear there was a guy that looke a lot like Hellhound in that game.

Aaron.

devilbat

First Post
AWESOME

Way to giver boys!

All three goals on the first shot of each period. What a great game!

turco can ever put it together in the post season

I've never really been a huge Turco fan. In my book he falls behind Belfour, and ties for sixth spot in top Canadian goaltenders with Sean Burke. Don't diss Burke. He was awesome in Phoenix before being sent to Philly.

i also think with a little more experience the usa goalie situation looks good, conklin, esche and dipeitro, but man are they young. yeesh.

I agree with you. Esche has proven himself to be a great up and coming goaltender. Personally, I thought he was overrated, until I watched him in the play-offs this year, and again in the World Cup.

I've always like DiPietro. He's on a terrible team, and see's a lot of pucks. Of course that has helped Luongo. I think DiPietro is going to be a great one.

My jury's still out on Conklin. He pushed Salo out of Edmonton, and had a great season. But I've seen him stink out the joint on occasion as well.

They're all young, and it will be exciting to see them develop.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
That was a great game! Damn awful time to have to watch it though. The game ended at 5am here.

Some points:
- Kipper didn't get any chances to warm up to the game since the first two (Canadian) goals came so early on. Which was too bad for him.
- Only two penalties and neither team managed to take advantage of them.
- The Finnish goals were by players who'd never scored international goals before. Where did our regulars vanish?
- I think Luongo would have been better (for Canada). Brodeur didn't look like the usual him, he seemed nervous and...for lack of a better word...dazed.

Congrats to all the Canadians.

Teflon Billy said:
and I guess that's it for Hockey for the forseeable future... :(
You could always start watching the Finnish SM-Liiga on satellite. ;)

Last edited:

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
That was good watchin', that was. Got to the ten-minute mark of third period and that tension was good and high, weren't it? Ruutu's goal was a for-sure tournament highlight -- amazing.

And Thornton behind the net was a tower of power -- watching him shake off Finnish checks was a delight.

And there's just nothing to say about Mario Lemieux that hasn't been said a thousand times, is there? We're sure lucky to have a leader like him. I put a lot of the credit for the way that team jelled on his shoulders.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads