WotC World Reveal of Baldur's Gate 3

At PAX East today, gameplay footage of Baldur's Gate 3 was revealed for the first time by Larian Studios. According to PC Gamer, the Early Access version of the game will launch this year with five characters: Wyll, Human Warlock Shadowheart, Half-elf Cleric Lae'zel, Githyanki Fighter Gale, Human Wizard Astarion, Elven Vampire Spawn Rogue And you'll be able to create characters using these...

At PAX East today, gameplay footage of Baldur's Gate 3 was revealed for the first time by Larian Studios.

According to PC Gamer, the Early Access version of the game will launch this year with five characters:
  • Wyll, Human Warlock
  • Shadowheart, Half-elf Cleric
  • Lae'zel, Githyanki Fighter
  • Gale, Human Wizard
  • Astarion, Elven Vampire Spawn Rogue
And you'll be able to create characters using these six classes:
  • Fighter (Battle Master, Eldritch Knight)
  • Wizard (Evocation, Abjuration)
  • Rogue (Arcane Trickster, Thief)
  • Ranger (Hunter, Beast Master)
  • Cleric (Life, Light, Trickery)
  • Warlock (Fiend, Great One)
15 races include (amongst others):
  • Elves
  • Dwarves
  • Humans
  • Githyanki
  • Drow
  • Tieflings
  • Vampire Spawn

LLH1BPJ.png

qlR4Bmg.jpg

jEeuWft.jpg

8Gic926.jpg

OLP0YhI.jpg

EsNTlWm.jpg
QzN9a7C.jpg
knMpJyl.jpg
uRbTbmp.jpg
drYBkxb.jpg
PhUpxaP.jpg
PM2ysZc.jpg
2htLlMr.jpg

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I mean, at least we're getting legitimate differences of opinions here on preferred styles of gameplay. In other corners of the internet I haunt, we're getting people insisting that Larian actively despises the original BG games and their fans because they didn't use isometric view enough in the game demo presentation. Or how the game is destined to be terrible because the name "Astarion" etymologically doesn't fit anywhere in FR.

slobster

Hero
I mean, at least we're getting legitimate differences of opinions here on preferred styles of gameplay. In other corners of the internet I haunt, we're getting people insisting that Larian actively despises the original BG games and their fans because they didn't use isometric view enough in the game demo presentation. Or how the game is destined to be terrible because the name "Astarion" etymologically doesn't fit anywhere in FR.
The fact that they aren't using THAC0 means they are abandoning the single greatest factor that made the Baldur's Gate franchise great.

Horwath-
I don't see how you can watch BG3's gameplay demo in action and believe that a real-time system would be feasible for that particular game.
Because it would.?

What pc/console Game have you seen this in?

Ristamar

Adventurer

I saw a disgruntled user on reddit wistfully describe the beginning of BG1 as "epic" which made me audibly scoff at my desk at work. I like BG1, but please... the Candlekeep prologue is boring (it's an introduction/ tutorial), and Gorion's death was predictable. It serves its purpose, but its pretty standard fare.

Remove ads

Remove ads