D&D (2024) WotC D&D Comunity Update for June 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
On topic!

Someone upthread suggested a book compiling and developing rejected UA and playtest ideas.

The first book I ever purchased for D&D (as long as novels don’t count because I came to D&D via Dragonlance) was the 3.5 Unearthed Arcana. I’d love an [proper noun]’s [noun] of Unearthed Arcana book, after the 2024 core books come out.

Edit: that isn’t really on topic, is it?

Oh well.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
On topic!

Someone upthread suggested a book compiling and developing rejected UA and playtest ideas.

The first book I ever purchased for D&D (as long as novels don’t count because I came to D&D via Dragonlance) was the 3.5 Unearthed Arcana. I’d love an [proper noun]’s [noun] of Unearthed Arcana book, after the 2024 core books come out.

Edit: that isn’t really on topic, is it?

Oh well.
You know what, at a certain point, they would have enough rejected material that they would probavly have enough to make a book that would draw an audience.

Two failed Mas combat systems, the Mystic (the last, free on the DMsGuild version is fully ready for publication: if it had passed the last UA survey, it would have ended up in Xanathar's)...

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
You know what, at a certain point, they would have enough rejected material that they would probavly have enough to make a book that would draw an audience.

Two failed Mas combat systems, the Mystic (the last, free on the DMsGuild version is fully ready for publication: if it had passed the last UA survey, it would have ended up in Xanathar's)...
Yep.

Imagine, if they didn’t want to put money into that, if they instead put all that stuff either on DMSGuild or on a more open platform.

There’s a lot of good bits and ends in there, most of them just didn’t delight enough people. But for a product like that, I bet most people would see a few things that delight them.

2 of them said they wanted to see how the playtest played out before buying and 1 said they were just putting all d&d on hold until they see if this will be useing new or old rules
They are waiting to buy bigby’s until a year from now based on FUD regarding the 2024 books?

Like what rules do they think would be invalidated? It’s not a book stuffed with rules, it is mostly lore.

I believe it will be 100% compatible by the way, not much in that book would even challenge compatibility.

Last edited:

HammerMan

Legend
They are waiting to buy bigby’s until a year from now based on FUD regarding the 2024 books?
I’m not sure what FUD is.
But the issue is we have a ton of 5e content and only so many games per year. New content is great if you keep useing it for years and useless if 18 months from now we are moveing to 2024 books.

By the way we don’t know if we are up darting yet.
Like what rules do they think would be invalidated? It’s not a book stuffed with rules, it is mostly lore.
If the subclasses don’t match that could be a thing
If monsters get updates those updates are better then the other
Feats look like they are being changed too

We assume that like 3e/3.5 there will be a complete warrior remaking prestige wait I mean sub classes from tomb and blood

Until we see what it is and isn’t going to be in the new books and decide what books we are useing we are holding.
I believe it will be 100% compatible by the way, not much in that book would even challenge compatibility.
Okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads