D&D (2024) WotC D&D Comunity Update for June 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is afraid (that I have seen)
Your description suggests otherwise.

PS - I’m not talking like fear sharks level fear here
Everyone including WoTC is uncertain because the books are not written ye
To some extent yes
The only doubt is will it or won’t it be a break point and that is the point of the discussion.
The doubt is if you believe WotC or not.
We are allowed to disagree with a corporation’s position on something. We are not employees, we’re fans.
Of course, I agree completely
I didn’t care about the OGL. I even said it MIGHT be a better situation for RPGs without it.
You’re missing the point. The OGL fiasco made many people doubt WotC more. I wasn’t using that as reference for the validity of the OGL
Yes they have said that. I will not dispute those words more or less are what they said.
If someone told me an impossible whopper tasted exactly like a whopper or new coke was the exact same as coke classic I would disagree with them too.
We are allowed to disagree without being fear mongers.
Absolutely!
The playtest has made as big of carnage’s as 1e/2e and 3e/3.5.
1e and 2e were compatible and intentional so. They called 2e a different edition, but it was as the same game.

I skipped 3e so I can’t speak to that. But as you have noted, we don’t have the 2024 document yet. So we don’t really mnow

HammerMan

Legend
1e and 2e were compatible and intentional so. They called 2e a different edition, but it was as the same game.
I don’t think I suggested it was a different game. I don’t think any of my friends that are slowing or stop buying did either.
TBH I feel personally it looks a lot like 3e/3.5 (that you said you skipped) and back then I knew people who got burned out of buying books due to the need to re buy what we used to call prestige classes and fears.
, we don’t have the 2024 document yet. So we don’t really mnow
correct we can only look at the playtest and guess

Why ask questions then get mad at the answer?
I’m not mad, or are talking about someone else?
I said my super small sample size saw less people pre ordering books.
1 store owner or employee here agreed it match there experience
1 store owner last night at my game table confirmed the same experience.
All 3 of us me as a player and 2 store owners is still a small sample size. But we see the same thing

I was asked WHY THEY DIDNT PEEORDER and I answered

Now people want to jump at me for 2 reasons
1) it’s MY fault someone isn’t buying the books cause I magically or useing scarecrow has made people afraid
Innever said it was your fault. I just stated that for a “completionist” (your term) it was most likely FUD that prompted that decision. I should clarify that by saying FUD is a perfectly fine reason to not buy this book. I just wouldn’t think it would stop a completionist.
2) it isn’t a good enough reason to the poster for why someone they don’t know isn’t spending money the way they want
It is a good enough reason. I was just trying to dig deeper. You seem to want to claim it is not FUD, then give examples of it being FUD! I guess I was being a bit argumentative in pointing that out. My apologies.

HammerMan

Legend
It is a good enough reason. I was just trying to dig deeper. You seem to want to claim it is not FUD, then give examples of it being FUD! I guess I was being a bit argumentative in pointing that out. My apologies.
FUD still doesn’t sound like “I want to wait to see what the corporate company does”

And I have threads in this very board where a question of how it interacted turned into a fight.
Not sure what you’re talking about. I’ve not seen every thread or comment. But most disagreements I have seen are people theorizing about how they are or are not compatible. Not people actually playing them. I’m sure there are some, I just haven’t seen them and it hasn’t been an issue IME.

Last edited:

correct we can only look at the playtest and guess
Yes, we have to guess about the final product. You can also playtest, like we are and see how it works. They is what we’ve done and it has worked. So while I do have some FUD about what the final 2024 documents will be, I don’t (or close to 0 least) about the compatibility and usability of old and current books

HammerMan

Legend
Not sure what you’re talking about. I’ve not seen every thread or comment. But most disagreements I have seen are people theorizing about how they are not compatible. Not people actually playing them. I’m sure there are some, I just haven’t seen them and it hasn’t been an issue IME.
Here. I am playing them. I have 3 times posted playtest reports 2 of them turned into fights. Right now I am trying to get up the nerve to post games 2-5 of a playtest and trying to figure out how to without turning it into a fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads