D&D (2024) WotC D&D Comunity Update for June 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems like an idiom that doesn’t fit this time and situation.
I guess the doubt is about the fact that we are all working on partial data (playtest)
It completely fits. WotC has been clear about books being compatible. So if you you don’t think they will be it must be because others making you:

Fear that the books will not be compatible
Uncertain that your purchase will have continued value
Doubt that WotC is being honest

Or something like that. Now some of that is reasonable given the OGL debacle. However, WotC has been very, very clear that all the 5e books you have, and all the books the make, will be useable with the 2024 rules. The playtest has supported that as well. So, it comes down to if you believe them or not.

I’m not sure what FUD is.
It was already explained by others. Sorry for the late response
But the issue is we have a ton of 5e content and only so many games per year. New content is great if you keep useing it for years and useless if 18 months from now we are moveing to 2024 books.
No according to WotC. All 5e content will be useable with the 2024 books, no moving on needed.
By the way we don’t know if we are up darting yet.
Us either. My DM will likely pick up the MM (who doesn’t like more monsters), and the DMG, but the PHB is less certain.
If the subclasses don’t match that could be a thing
It is not a thing per the playtest. At least it hasn’t been for our group so far. The playtest classes and PHB classes and subclasses work normally when played at the same table.
If monsters get updates those updates are better then the other
We have already seen the updates planned. The “better” is in the eye of the beholder. You will be able to use either version with existing and future adventures
Feats look like they are being changed too
Hopefully. Some balance corrections have been needed for a long time
We assume that like 3e/3.5 there will be a complete warrior remaking prestige wait I mean sub classes from tomb and blood
Did you see the warrior playtest? That’s not happening
Until we see what it is and isn’t going to be in the new books and decide what books we are useing we are holding.
That’s reasonable, but you described them as a “completist” so it seemed like an odd choice for a book that will have so little mechanics. But like I said, with all the FUD, it makes some sense.

Listen, I’m not telling you to buy any books. Only spend money on what you’re comfortable with. Also, with 5e’s track record, these books will still be available for many years!

Or something like that. Now some of that is reasonable given the OGL debacle. However, WotC has been very, very clear that all the 5e books you have, and all the books the make, will be useable with the 2024 rules. The playtest has supported that as well. So, it comes down to if you believe them or not.
The bolded text is something that not everyone agrees with. So it's not simply a matter of believing WotC or not, but how you think the game will turn out based on the playtest material.

The bolded text is something that not everyone agrees with. So it's not simply a matter of believing WotC or not, but how you think the game will turn out based on the playtest material.
I agree people have different opinions; however, everyone I know who has actually used the playtest classes and the PHB classes side by side (like my group), has had no issue with them at the table.

HammerMan

Legend
It completely fits. WotC has been clear about books being compatible. So if you you don’t think they will be it must be because others making you:

Fear that the books will not be compatible
Uncertain that your purchase will have continued value
Doubt that WotC is being honest
Nobody is afraid (that I have seen)
Everyone including WoTC is uncertain because the books are not written yet
The only doubt is will it or won’t it be a break point and that is the point of the discussion.

We are allowed to disagree with a corporation’s position on something. We are not employees, we’re fans.
Or something like that. Now some of that is reasonable given the OGL debacle.
I didn’t care about the OGL. I even said it MIGHT be a better situation for RPGs without it.
However, WotC has been very, very clear that all the 5e books you have, and all the books the make, will be useable with the 2024 rules.
Yes they have said that. I will not dispute those words more or less are what they said.
If someone told me an impossible whopper tasted exactly like a whopper or new coke was the exact same as coke classic I would disagree with them too.
We are allowed to disagree without being fear mongers.
The playtest has supported that as well. So, it comes down to if you believe them or not.
The playtest has made as big of carnage’s as 1e/2e and 3e/3.5.

HammerMan

Legend
No according to WotC. All 5e content will be useable with the 2024 books, no moving on needed.
Why ask questions then get mad at the answer?

I said my super small sample size saw less people pre ordering books.
1 store owner or employee here agreed it match there experience
1 store owner last night at my game table confirmed the same experience.
All 3 of us me as a player and 2 store owners is still a small sample size. But we see the same thing

I was asked WHY THEY DIDNT PEEORDER and I answered

Now people want to jump at me for 2 reasons
1) it’s MY fault someone isn’t buying the books cause I magically or useing scarecrow has made people afraid
2) it isn’t a good enough reason to the poster for why someone they don’t know isn’t spending money the way they want

HammerMan

Legend
I agree people have different opinions; however, everyone I know who has actually used the playtest classes and the PHB classes side by side (like my group), has had no issue with them at the table.
And I have threads in this very board where a question of how it interacted turned into a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads