• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC just mailed out VILLAGE OF HOMMLET 4E..got mine

pedr

Explorer
Now, there's two additional things that would interest me:
- What do I have to do after I've actually run one of these adventures and want to report the results? (and what's the advantage of doing so, anyway?)
- Do the players have to be RPGA members, as well? If so, what's in it for them?

I also noticed that the maximum party size for RPGA adventures seems to be 6. As I currently happen to have a pool of nine players, is there any way around this?
On the right-hand menu in the members' area is a link to 'Event Reporting'.

The download should have come with a pdf of a form. If you fill the form out, you'll have all the information that the reporting system will ask you for.

All players have to be RPGA members. There's an automated system for US-resident RPGA members to request new DCI cards, but I don't know the details as it doesn't work over here. I think it involves clicking the WPN Play Materials icon in Event Sanctioning and 'sanctioning' an 'event' to ask for cards, but I am not sure.

A valid RPGA session has one GM and between four and six players. If you have nine players and one GM, you do have enough people for two groups of four players - one of the current WotC pushes at the moment is convincing more people to GM, and 4e is quite easy to get into, particularly with the RPGA adventures.

Far more help and advice (and knowledgeable people) at the WotC RPGA forums, RPGA - Wizards Community - come and say hello. Most of us are nice ;)

Ladybam

First Post
So, I just talked to Wizards. Everyone who signed up for DM Rewards... (on there web as Player reward) get this mod. Only thing is, they have no more if you did not get it this time, or there system messed up you have to wait. Yea, I got the shaft. The CSR gave me two dates that I signed up for DM rewards. In the end, If you don't get it this time around you have to wait til Aug.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Here is a picture of the cover for those interested - Village of Hommlet.
Can't say that I'm impressed. If you're going to name something "Village of XXX", and put a picture of said village on the cover, shouldn't you be able to see the village? This is too dark. But then, I don't want it for the cover. (Hopefully I did everything right and will get it come August. Thanks for the help everyone!)

Silversun

Banned
Banned
Nuts, I'm not even qualified to be a DM and the DM of my online group doesn't have the time to DM face-to-face.

I sincerely hope this adventure goes retail at some point.

Jhaelen

First Post
On the right-hand menu in the members' area is a link to 'Event Reporting'.

The download should have come with a pdf of a form. If you fill the form out, you'll have all the information that the reporting system will ask you for.
Ah, thanks!
All players have to be RPGA members. There's an automated system for US-resident RPGA members to request new DCI cards, but I don't know the details as it doesn't work over here. I think it involves clicking the WPN Play Materials icon in Event Sanctioning and 'sanctioning' an 'event' to ask for cards, but I am not sure.
Well, I'm from Germany, so I don't know if this will work. But shouldn't they be able to join exactly the way I did, i.e. the procedure you described in this thread?
A valid RPGA session has one GM and between four and six players. If you have nine players and one GM, you do have enough people for two groups of four players - one of the current WotC pushes at the moment is convincing more people to GM, and 4e is quite easy to get into, particularly with the RPGA adventures.
True enough! Actually, I've been hoping that once we get started with 4E, one of the former DMs in my group might be interested in taking the DM role again once in a while or maybe even for a campaign...
Far more help and advice (and knowledgeable people) at the WotC RPGA forums, RPGA - Wizards Community - come and say hello. Most of us are nice ;)
I'll do that, thanks again!

pedr

Explorer
Well, I'm from Germany, so I don't know if this will work. But shouldn't they be able to join exactly the way I did, i.e. the procedure you described in this thread?
They can join using this method, though it's easier if you have a proper card - and they get a card with their number on it to help them remember it!

In Germany, you should be able to get in touch with someone who can send you a pack of blank DCI cards by emailing wizards@hasbro.de - alternatively, ask Customer Services and they'll get it sorted for you.

Glad to be of help!

Nuts, I'm not even qualified to be a DM and the DM of my online group doesn't have the time to DM face-to-face.

I sincerely hope this adventure goes retail at some point.

Why are you not qualified? All it takes is a read through of the core books and the ability to look up information.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Kez, thanks for the link

This was extremely difficult to get right.

Now, I'm still confused a little (do I have to take the DM test or not?), but it's a little better now.

WOTC should definitely think about updating this stuff soon. I'd say this should be pretty high priority when you launch something like this product through the RPGA because that's an immediate attraction, but if people can't get in without the help of 20 other forum members, customer service, etc., then you're really hurting your chances of collecting good data.

If you guys need to hire temps to help with the coding/redesign, let me know ;-) As long as I can work from somewhere in California!

Remove ads