• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC just mailed out VILLAGE OF HOMMLET 4E..got mine

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Kez, thanks for the link

This was extremely difficult to get right.

Now, I'm still confused a little (do I have to take the DM test or not?), but it's a little better now.

WOTC should definitely think about updating this stuff soon. I'd say this should be pretty high priority when you launch something like this product through the RPGA because that's an immediate attraction, but if people can't get in without the help of 20 other forum members, customer service, etc., then you're really hurting your chances of collecting good data.

If you guys need to hire temps to help with the coding/redesign, let me know ;-) As long as I can work from somewhere in California!

JoeGKushner

First Post
I agree that the process was down right stupid.

Now I've got something like three log in just for the WoTC site.

One for the RPGA.

One for the DDI.

One for the forum.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I agree that the process was down right stupid.

Now I've got something like three log in just for the WoTC site.

One for the RPGA.

One for the DDI.

One for the forum.

The RPGA and DCI were combined; you should only need one number/password for each. Contact the DCI to merge your numbers if you haven't done so already - the link's around somewhere on the site.

Cheers!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The RPGA and DCI were combined; you should only need one number/password for each. Contact the DCI to merge your numbers if you haven't done so already - the link's around somewhere on the site.

Yes, the DCI and RPGA numbers have been merged, but we still have a separate login for the forums, for the RPGA and for the D&DI.

Windjammer

Adventurer
I've had to login in about ten times (no exaggeration) to avoid being auto-directed to Magic:the Gathering when clicking "Rewards" on my DCI account. And even then the "Dm Rewards" doesn't show up as an option for me (only "player awards" does), never mind that I DM'ed some LFR last year. At this point I simply give up. I've read 8 pages of post on this forum, consulted other forums further, and I'm no longer going to waste my time. I'm sure there's a good reason why WotC had to make this so complicated.

In any case, I don't feel too sour about missing out on this any more. Thing is, a friend of mine did a digital photo of the map and sent it to me. And guess what. They messed up the scale of the moat house by 1/3. The entrance room, right after crossing the drawbridge, should be 12 by 12 squares. It's now 8 by 8. Same for all the other rooms. All dimensions shrunk by a third. There's a hilarious 3 by 3 squares room in one corner. The tactical usability of such rooms for 4E play is practically nil - it's all window dressing. What used to be a dungeon (even before the module hit underground) in T1 is now a single encounter.

And it sort of beats the whole point of revisiting the moathouse for 4E. I mean, what's the point of having a DDM-map, of apparently high production quality, for an old, classic module when you shrink it so drastically as to make it into something else?

I'm lost. Mearls' "Return to the Moathouse" respected the room measurements of the original and was a blast to play (what with his reworking of Lareth!). Since Andy Collins didn't respect the room measurements this time, not only will whatever he did be something entirely non-related to the original (which I'm actually ok with). Also, the re-usability of the maps when running some genuine T1 Moathouse encounters, replete with nostalgia and all, has just been tossed out of the window. For no good reason.

Not that I mind WotC doing an adventure - moreover, a free one! - and giving it to people. But if they were going to shrink the moathouse into an altogether different dungeon, they might as well have done a fresh one.

Honestly, people. You wanna run the Moathouse in 4E, head over to here and here and give yourself a treat.

Last edited:

Plissken

Explorer
If you sign up as a RPGA DM right now, I think it's too late. The rewards have already been mailed out. I may be wrong though.

Really, it's not that cool. It's just a short dungeon adventure and is more of a rare, collector's item.

Jack99

Adventurer
If you sign up as a RPGA DM right now, I think it's too late. The rewards have already been mailed out. I may be wrong though.

You are wrong. Rouse himself told us in this thread that those who signed up afterwards would get the adventure in august.

Thanael

Explorer
So i followed the instructions here and here. Customer service was quick, i could log in the day after i mailed them. I signed up for DM Rewards here and I already downloaded a few adventures for home games. Too bad there's no more 3.5 stuff or Living Greyhawk available though...

Thanks everyone, for the help!

Remove ads