D&D 5E WotC Shares Theros Table of Contents

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least. Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least.

table of contents.jpg

Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

EZRMn-tUcAUe5g_.jpg

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Okay. You know that's only in your head, right? By which I mean that there's no reason for anyone to assume you mean that when you say "Xanathar's 2.0" (I don't even understand why you put the 'point oh' in there). A Planescape book with subclasses is a Planescape book with subclasses. I mean, go ahead and think of that as 'Xanathar's 2.0' if you like, but it doesn't automatically mean that to me.
For months, people have been assuming the recent subclasses UA have been planned for a "Xanathar's 2.0" book. The last time that they released this much UA at once was for XGtE. I just assumed that you knew that.

Okay. You know that's only in your head, right? By which I mean that there's no reason for anyone to assume you mean that when you say "Xanathar's 2.0" (I don't even understand why you put the 'point oh' in there). A Planescape book with subclasses is a Planescape book with subclasses. I mean, go ahead and think of that as 'Xanathar's 2.0' if you like, but it doesn't automatically mean that to me.

"Xanathar's 2.0" and discussion that such a book might be released in the relatively near future are both common subjects (and nomenclature) around here.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
For months, people have been assuming the recent subclasses UA have been planned for a "Xanathar's 2.0" book. The last time that they released this much UA at once was for XGtE. I just assumed that you knew that.

Okay. I understand where you're coming from now. I just wouldn't call a Planescape book "Xanathar's 2.0" no matter how many subclasses it had, but I get why you're doing that, based on UA assumptions. Ultimately, I think it's more likely that they're working on multiple books with subclasses included in them, rather than one with a lot (depending on what one defines as a lot - a Planescape book would probably have more than Theros clearly has.)

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I don't think anyone will continue calling this "Planescape/Xanathar's 2.0" book "Xanathar's 2.0" once we have a name released for it. That'd be ridiculous. There's a book coming out with a lot of subclasses, sometime in the next year it seems. The theme of the book is up for debate, I personally think Planescape is the most likely. IMHO, it will either be themed around planescape, but not contain any information on running the setting, or it will be a Planescape Manual of the Planes with a large chapter on player options.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Xanathar's 2.0" and discussion that such a book might be released in the relatively near future are both common subjects (and nomenclature) around here.

Oh, I wasn't meaning to sound like I was against speculation about there being something like Xanathar's done again - even if I don't think it'll happen. Though I suppose that someone could say, "See - Xanathar's 2.0!" to ANY book that includes several subclasses.

I guess I was just being a bit slow there.

(I also find the 'point oh' thing annoying, but that's just me).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't think anyone will continue calling this "Planescape/Xanathar's 2.0" book "Xanathar's 2.0" once we have a name released for it. That'd be ridiculous. There's a book coming out with a lot of subclasses, sometime in the next year it seems. The theme of the book is up for debate, I personally think Planescape is the most likely. IMHO, it will either be themed around planescape, but not contain any information on running the setting, or it will be a Planescape Manual of the Planes with a large chapter on player options.

Gotcha. You could be right.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Oh, I wasn't meaning to sound like I was against speculation about there being something like Xanathar's done again - even if I don't think it'll happen. Though I suppose that someone could say, "See - Xanathar's 2.0!" to ANY book that includes several subclasses.
The book that the community designates as Xanathar's 2.0 will be one with a similar number of player options to XGtE. XGtE had about 29 new subclasses. There have been 25ish subclasses playtested in recent UA. Whatever book the majority of those subclasses goes into will be Xanathar's 2.0.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I doubt that they'd name it planescape. It's going to be something like "Vi's Vivacious Guide to Otherworldly Places" or "Shemeska's Travel Guide to the Planes" if they stay with the pattern of naming player and DM resource books from the rest of 5e.
If I worked at WotC, it would be Manuel of the Planes' Manual of the Planes.

/sorrynotsorry

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Huh? The Feywild and the Shadowfell were introduced in 4E. They have nothing whatsoever to do with Planescape. They weren't even part of the Great Wheel cosmology until 5E shoehorned them into it.
The Plane of Faerie and Plane of Shadow both got very nice write-ups in the 3E Manual of the Planes.

I'm very disappointed that the Plane of Mirrors, also seen in that book, didn't make that jump, as it's my favorite transitive plane. (I'm still using it anyway, damn it.)

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
What's the plane of mirrors? Sounds cool.
(I haven't played any previous editions of D&D, so I don't know about most of the content in previous books in the previous editions.)

Remove ads

Remove ads