D&D 5E WotC Shares Theros Table of Contents

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least.

table of contents.jpg

Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

EZRMn-tUcAUe5g_.jpg

Last edited:

It only feels gutted if you new the UA version. My players don't look at UA or anything online really. I'm sure they are not the only ones.
Some groups play with UA. Then play the official version. Then go back to playing UA. Probably a lot of groups play like this.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The UA articles are second drafts, not yet balanced mathematically or tested in actual play. They don't put the real resources into development until they get feedback that people like the basic design concept. Their standard is to intentionally overpower the initial drafts, to stress-test the idea, and then use the private playtest process to trim the hedges into shape. The UA will always be more "powerful" that the final development, by design.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I love that they actually included example riddles in the sphinx section:
  • The more of these you take, the more you leave behind. (Steps)
  • What has six faces, but no mouth, has twenty-one eyes, but cannot see? (A die)
  • What turns everything but does not move? (A mirror)
  • The more there is, the less you see. (Darkness)
  • What is stronger than the gods, more terrifying than the demons, the poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it, you die? (Nothing)

The UA articles are second drafts, not yet balanced mathematically or tested in actual play. They don't put the real resources into development until they get feedback that people like the basic design concept. Their standard is to intentionally overpower the initial drafts, to stress-test the idea, and then use the private playtest process to trim the hedges into shape. The UA will always be more "powerful" that the final development, by design.
To me though, it doesn't look like a reduction in power, so much as a reduction in fun. I felt that the oath of heroism had a lot of implied potential for comedy, where's the oath of glory takes itself way too seriously.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases