D&D 5E WotC Shares Theros Table of Contents

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least.

table of contents.jpg

Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

EZRMn-tUcAUe5g_.jpg

Last edited:

So, like the old AD&D Paladin and any party he teamed up with that was not all LG. lol
Nope. Any non good. Non evil would be on a short therm basis. Evil would be a no go.
Any good characters were ok. Even a chaotic good could be taken in. I wonder why people always think that the paladin was restricted to only lawfull good. He was restricted to good aligned characters and npcs. Neutral were tolerated if the adventure was promoting lawful and good. But only for one adventure. For a longer therm (or a second adventure) with neutral characters/NPCs, atonement would be required (after the deed) or a special permission from either the church or the paladin's god (that one would be before the deed). In all cases, the adventure would have to promote lawful and good.

But on the matter at hand, I agree that the glory paladin has too many skills that are boosting his friends. I think he should have been somewhat a selfish type seeking glory. Not sharing it.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
What's more selfish? To have abilities that can only affect yourself or to have abilities that affect others but that you only use to help yourself?

Honestly, this is probably my favourite paladin subclass so far, others are bad but this one screams hero to me. Kinda wish It got the +AC/make an attack move earlier but then that wouldn't follow the standard paladin subclass of granting an aura at 7th.

Lem23

Adventurer
A class based on fighting, a glory hound, that only cares for his own strength at arms and victories doesn't sound anything like a paladin to me, more a fighter or barbarian.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
What's more selfish? To have abilities that can only affect yourself or to have abilities that affect others but that you only use to help yourself?
Paladins already have many of those abilities. Lay on Hands, Protection fighting style, so on. Greek Hero theme isn't "I have abilities that can benefit others and choose not to" or "I am a team-helper, I just love giving other people boosts!". The Greek Hero theme is "I am glorious, powerful, and crush enemies".
Honestly, this is probably my favourite paladin subclass so far, others are bad but this one screams hero to me. Kinda wish It got the +AC/make an attack move earlier but then that wouldn't follow the standard paladin subclass of granting an aura at 7th.
The other paladins aren't bad, IMO, they're just a different playstyle. This one doesn't scream hero to me. It screams "generic paladin with some flair" like the Devotion or Crown paladins.

The paladin abilities seem to fit Greek Heros more. A lot of them can heal, smite evil creatures, and so on.
The noble knight paladin is a Christian invention, and complete anachronism in a pseudo-Greek setting. A Greek inspired paladin should reflect the Greek gods, not the Christian god. So, instead of justice, mercy and self-sacrifice they should embody arrogance, ego and petty vindictiveness.

The noble knight paladin is a Christian invention, and complete anachronism in a pseudo-Greek setting. A Greek inspired paladin should reflect the Greek gods, not the Christian god. So, instead of justice, mercy and self-sacrifice they should embody arrogance, ego and petty vindictiveness.
No to discussing RL religion.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases