• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC WotC's Chris Perkins On D&D's Inclusivity Processes Going Forward

Over on D&D Beyond, WotC's Chris Perkins has written a blog entry about how the company's processes have been changed to improve the way the D&D studio deals with harmful content and inclusivity. This follows recent issues with racist content in Spelljammer: Adventures in Space, and involves working with external cultural consultants. The studio’s new process mandates that every word...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over on D&D Beyond, WotC's Chris Perkins has written a blog entry about how the company's processes have been changed to improve the way the D&D studio deals with harmful content and inclusivity. This follows recent issues with racist content in Spelljammer: Adventures in Space, and involves working with external cultural consultants.

The studio’s new process mandates that every word, illustration, and map must be reviewed by multiple outside cultural consultants prior to publication.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
do you really play that way... just random break into someones place and take there stuff?

1668547583088.png

Vaalingrade

Legend
Should have they have spoken to someone, ofc it would have been the decent thing to do to. Do they need to - eh - unless they got something egregiously wrong (and I'm not one to judge), I'm going to shrug my shoulders on that. If people do not like the product, they will feel its financial effects.
Should a driver not be blindfolded with their hands behind their head, ofc it would have been the decent thing to do. Do they need to - eh- unless they kill a requisite number of people I decide, I'm going to shrug my shoulders. If people do not like the massive property damage, they will be sued and feel the financial effects.

Again, it's just deciding if the level of harm means anything to us, not the victims. And then... deciding to let the invisible hand deal with racism? Ugh.

Zardnaar

Legend
Heh I live in Polynesia and have a Polynesian in my group.

Ran Drums of Fire Mountain few years ago. The arts terrible wouldn't take much to clean it up and it's a good adventure otherwise.

It's a lit more nuanced than what Americans are generally capable of understanding. Eg his tribe chose the British fully knowing they would probably get screwed.

But that was the best of a lit of bad options due to more aggressive tribes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads