D&D 5E Would this fix Champion?

Satyrn

First Post
I suppose it could be as simple as putting existing spells in 'trees' with a cantrip at the base.
That was my first thought, too, and I was immediately reminded of a 3rd party 3e product called Elements of Magic that did just that (while also basing its system around 20! elements)

I liked the Power Word spell because it gave a different word for each spell level, starting with Daze at level 0 all the way to Kill (at 9th)

ScuroNotte

Explorer
I pictured the Champion being someone who excelled in both strength and dexterity abilities. I asked the DM who allowed me to make some changes to my character. It was the character I pictured based on Tomas from Magician Apprentice novel after he gained the ancient armaments. (great series BTW, strongly recommend it).

Moved the 7th level feature of adding half your proficiency bonus (round up) to any Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution check you make that doesn’t already use your proficiency bonus to 3rd level.

Gain proficiency in Dexterity saving throws at 7th level.

At 10th level, once per turn, you can roll one additional weapon damage die when determining the extra damage for a critical hit with a weapon attack.

Advantage on saving throws against being frightened at 15th level

PS I plan to eventually add barbarian levels to the character as Tomas does go into a battle rage/lust at times.

Remove ads