Your best Enterprise?

What’s your best Enterprise

• The NX one from the Bakula show

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Constitution TOS

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Refit (movie) Constitution (correct answer)

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Enterprise A from ST V & VI which didn’t work right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B was an Excelsior

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • C showed up in that one TNG episode

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • D with a Picard

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • E thought it was a starfighter

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • F was there one? I don’t recall!

• G the new one from Picard which was a Titan

And I had completely forgotten about the J. This thread had been eye-opening!
Being fair to yourself, it's super obscure unless you play the MMO - or just watch playthroughs of the story missions, which is pretty much what I do these days. Much quicker than doing the grind to actually play a game I don't find very engaging. Some of them have at least half-decent plotlines themselves, and the one involving the J is arguably one of them.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, the term "super-deformed" has been used for the J. I can't decide if it loops so far around that it's actually cool or not, but it hardly matters outside of the MMO, the actual on-screen time is minimal.

The original digital model of the Enterprise-J was banged out by Doug Drexler in mere hours. It had to be distinctive, but hot a whole lot of thought was put into it being cool.

And, it was from a possible future, not the one real future. Maybe no Universe-class ships ever get built...

Orius

Legend
"NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C, OR D!"

images.jpg

Voted TOS, but TOS & movies is the same ship.

Enterprise-D is a close runner-up though.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Left the J off the survey completely. It may only have a few moments on screen in that one Enterprise episode, but features more prominently in one of the ST:O storylines and represents the farthest point in the on-screen timeline with a confirmed Enterprise, which counts for something.
I wasn’t even aware it existed. But I didn’t get on with Enterprise and I don’t play the video game.

I wasn’t even aware it existed. But I didn’t get on with Enterprise and I don’t play the video game.
That would certainly explain it. It's as obscure on-screen as the giant inflatable decoy Enterprise from the TAS Practical Joker episode - which AFAIK hasn't showed up in the MMO as a piece of special loot. Clearly a missed opportunity there. :)

Of course, I'm a at best a filthy casual in that game so I may have missed it.

None of the Above.

CV-6, USS Enterprise, served all of WWII and was key to many of the pivotal battles including Midway, the Philippine Sea, Leyte Gulf, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa.
Well, if we're including real ships, then sure, change my vote to the Big E. In addition to her other distinctions, she was the seventh ship in US or Colonial Navy service to bear the name (no doubt contributing to her lucky career) and the most decorated ship of WW2 bar none.

Her relative USS Enterprise CVN-65 was the world's first nuclear carrier, the sole ship in her class, and had a phenomenally long active service life lasting from 1961 until going inactive in 2012 and being decommissioned in 2017.

MGibster

Legend
I went with the original Enterprise, the 1701 because it's the OG that kicked off the franchise. I never noticed this before, but the 1701 refit looks like it has a bigger hull. Was that the case? When you refit a ship you don't typically expand the hull.

Remove ads