Your best Enterprise?

What’s your best Enterprise

• The NX one from the Bakula show

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Constitution TOS

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Refit (movie) Constitution (correct answer)

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Enterprise A from ST V & VI which didn’t work right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B was an Excelsior

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • C showed up in that one TNG episode

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • D with a Picard

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • E thought it was a starfighter

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • F was there one? I don’t recall!

• G the new one from Picard which was a Titan

I picked the correct choice, but I have a definite soft spot for the D.
It has some amazing curves and the way its interior as luxury liner aesthetics make it really feel like being the result of an advanced civlization at its peak. Also, phaser banks make for a great futuristic weapon look, IMO. This is clearly not your average Sy-Fy cannon orturret, we're killing you (sorry: Disabling your weapons and engines to enable peaceful negotation) with unparalleled scientific progress!
That said, it also has some not so amazing angles and is ridicilously large for the size of its crew. And the TOS movie one just basically looks great at every angle.

The DIS/SNW Discovery is also a great take on the orignal TOS Connie, modernizing it considerably. Aside for potential size inconsistencies problems, the movie TOS still looks a bit more attractive, and like it could be a more advanced refit.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I went with The Enterprise-B, because I LOVE the lines of that design.

But obviously the TOS or the TMP refit is the right answer: TOS is the simple, clean, groundbreaking design that started it all, and the TMP redesign is sleek as all get-out and by many accounts the best scale model ship ever made for film or tv.

Ryujin

Legend

But obviously the TOS or the TMP refit is the right answer: TOS is the simple, clean, groundbreaking design that started it all, and the TMP redesign is sleek as all get-out and by many accounts the best scale model ship ever made for film or tv.
And to think they originally wanted to show it upside-down.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Enterprise F
It's too 'sleek' looking for me. I'm not keen on the way Federation ships are getting more and more streamlined. Personal taste I know, but... I dunno. I like 'a tall ship and a star to steer her by' rather than a 5,000-foot racecar. To me, this is about as pretty as a ship can get:

401632.jpg

MarkB

Legend
It is a really good blending of the previous and then-current Enterprise that showed a clear design progression. It's a shame we didn't see more of the Ambassador class.

Remove ads