Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tyler Hoechlin

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other thing that I forgot

Votes: 2 2.2%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ok there is confusion that they were killed due to the arrest scene being cut from the final print.
What we saw was them fall into the openings. We did not actually learn it was a death tumble.
It actually wasn't.
That scene is not part of the movie.

Hmm, I feel some opinions are also based on which age the character is drawing inspiration or ideas from

• The Silver Age of Comic Books
  • The Bronze Age of Comic Books
  • The Dark Age of Comic Books
  • The Modern Age of Comic Books

• Ok there is confusion that they were killed due to the arrest scene being cut from the final print.
    What we saw was them fall into the openings. We did not actually learn it was a death tumble.
    It actually wasn't.
    There's actually three versions

The one you alluded to, which was in the non-American television broadcasts of the film
    The one where they just die, since they are normal unpowered people who fell down a deep chasm ( this is the one most remember)
    And In the Richard Donner Cut of Superman 2, Zod and his minions aren’t seen again after their defeat in the Fortress, and Superman seemingly ensures their demise by destroying the structure with his heat vision. Superman then reverses time, just like he did at the end of the first film, sending Zod and his cohorts back into the Phantom Zone and undoing their assault on Earth. Whether Zod survived his defeat or not, the entire conflict was undone by Superman’s time travel.

My point is the scene isn't clear because the follow up scene is missing. The scene you describe doesn't confirm their death. I do see how people assume it.
Meanwhile in the Director's cut.. he out right buries them in the fortress after depowering them and then uses time travel to "haha just kidding"

Thourne

Hero
Hmm, I feel some opinions are also based on which age the character is drawing inspiration or ideas from

• The Silver Age of Comic Books
  • The Bronze Age of Comic Books
  • The Dark Age of Comic Books
  • The Modern Age of Comic Books

• There's actually three versions

The one you alluded to, which was in the non-American television broadcasts of the film
    The one where they just die, since they are normal unpowered people who fell down a deep chasm ( this is the one most remember)
    And In the Richard Donner Cut of Superman 2, Zod and his minions aren’t seen again after their defeat in the Fortress, and Superman seemingly ensures their demise by destroying the structure with his heat vision. Superman then reverses time, just like he did at the end of the first film, sending Zod and his cohorts back into the Phantom Zone and undoing their assault on Earth. Whether Zod survived his defeat or not, the entire conflict was undone by Superman’s time travel.

I wasn't aware of the 3rd version.
Neat and thx.
I still take issue that we "know" they died when they fell into the chasm. Comic book rules and all. I always felt it was left open.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My point is the scene isn't clear because the follow up scene is missing. The scene you describe doesn't confirm their death. I do see how people assume it.
When the Death Star blew up you don’t see anybody’s death either.

Thourne

Hero
I personally had many more issues with the way his character is shown lacking when he returns to exact petty vengeance on the bully.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Or it simply isn't a character trait he necessarily agrees should be present in the version of the character he's portraying.

I mean, the movie is leaning hard into the Christ allegory, and Jesus as presented in the Gospels isn't a jolly Boy Scout.
Maybe, except the same issue is present in every other Snyder film. The guy has a point of view and it's very consistent.

Man of Steel, BvS and Justice League are Zack Snyder films before they're DC Comics films.

Gas-Supermam.jpg

Superman investigates the rumors of a lethal gas that has been killing people. He tracks it down to a criminal know as Lubane, who has some of the gas on him.

He threatens to use it on Superman, but the Man of Steel allows it to fall to the floor and smash. Knowing that it will have no effect on him whatsoever, he watches as Lubane chokes and dies on his own deadly weapon.

Remove ads