You've just taken over WotC, what do you do?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
- A republish (fine tuning) of previous adventure; add in more options from AL Seasons (the work is already done, add maps and streamline). Build these anthology style
I don't follow AL, but it amazes me the prelude to Wild Beyond the Witchlight and the guide to building Domains of Delight were both absent from the book itself. I'd love to see an expanded version that included them.

I'd probably cancel the OGL and draft a new restricted version, especially in the digital space and that saw me securing the brand against more creative publishing houses with a heavy commission flow back to WotC for any products signed under the new OGL.
After that I'd sit back and watch the community burn for close to two weeks before making any comment.

Too soon?

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Naturally the first thing I would do is go up to Hasbro and get shipping to Australia to be better for both WotC stuff and Hasbro. Seriously, 99.97 dollaridoos. Like I haven't also dunked on the place in Hong Kong I used to get stuff from as it decided to mark its price up...

Anywho, that initial issue handed off....
1: Get the internal vibes and what's going on there
2: Big fancy lore book to sate the lore folks for a while. Upselled to heck to target it at a specific audience, but, its the lore books and very much targetted at the setting afficianado and the theorisers. But also fancy enough to try and convince people to up-by towards it. Pure just lore and setting ideas, using the biggest fans to push it out further
3: Bring back 'Dragon' which is just. Some web blog where folks submit content through, thereby getting free content to just release with a vague seal of 'yeah that looks good enough' folks will interpret as semi-canon. Give it a subscription cost as an extra. Hey, its Dragon Magazine back again, nostalgia, sign up. Maybe even hook it into DMs Guild stuff (though that's got a potential of going poorly)
4: Surprise stream where I announce the breaking of the Reserved List before laughing maniacly
5: Executive decision for playable gnolls and warlords.

cranberry

Adventurer
Fire the executives that pushed the OGL changes.
Provide financial incentives for the (internal) content creators for quality of quantity.
Keep 5E the way it is. Make any significant changes a brand new version.
Monetize indirectly with movies, action figures, t-shirts, etc.
Brainstorm with the staff about how to promote genuine good will with the community.
Actively recruit the best 3rd party creators, or at least purchase their stuff, and pay them fairly for their work.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Buy/Build a crowdfund platform for 3pp D&D products; as well as core products. Allow authorized retailers to pre-order through same system

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases