• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yttermayn's Infractus Experiment OOC (recruiting closed)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I was thinking the +20 faith idea. A bastion of faith, someone that can be asked questions without being much plushed (I think that is the right word) but has the overall picture of the organization and needs to keep his involvement restricted. Especially for the more esoteric occurences. He is like the laison between Jorge' and reality, trying to keep him from losing it and abandoning the faith altogether, but understanding where he is at and where he could find solace.

A grandfatherly figure. With great knowledge of what goes bump in the night, and know how to bump back! How do you like that?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

As for Billy, I keep thinking about the nature of the relationship with the intern. I'm pretty sure Billy ignores or is casual-friendly with him, but how does the intern feel? Has he got a man-crush? Is he gay? Maybe the intern is a girl/woman instead? How old is Billy again? I see him as being of the hippie generation, myself.
Let's make Billy 49 and holding, but he is convinced he's still 25. No gay assistants! Repeat: NADA! I see Billy liking the kid well enough, but he shamelessly exploits him, to get out of all those pesky station chores like answering fan mail, sorting cds, etc. Oh, he signs the fan mail responses after he approves them, but he shamelessly foists the chore of doing the actual writing off on the assistant/intern. He probably just scans some of the fan mail and tells the intern what kind of response to write. But he's entirely too cool to be bothered with reading ALL of his vast fan mail. ;) But the assistant is under instructions to pick out any letters that sound like they might be from hot babes (especially if a photo is enclosed) for special attention.

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
A grandfatherly figure. With great knowledge of what goes bump in the night, and know how to bump back! How do you like that?

I dig it. It's kinda like you split up the original char idea between two chars and then filled them both in; brilliant. I'm starting to feel like the old codger may end up being more interesting than Gorge at times, which is just fine. Hmmm, like a badass servant of God... Old coot on the outside, soul of a warrior-philosopher on the inside.

Billy Saturn: dirty old man. Seems like Saturn's role's going to be a little more comedic. I've heard that radio DeeJays are the bottom feeders of the entertainment industry. Do you have any experience with that line of work, Leif? I'm getting a funny/sleezy vibe from Saturn, and I think it works well.

Tell me more about their families. Where are they? Alive or dead? Any children they know of?
In Billy's case specifically, where was he during Vietnam? In Gorge's case, where was he trained and how did he end up in (Columbia)?

I just realized, I forgot Voda Vosa's homeless guy! I gotta make sure he knows to get over here!

Leif

Adventurer
Billy Saturn: dirty old man. Seems like Saturn's role's going to be a little more comedic. I've heard that radio DeeJays are the bottom feeders of the entertainment industry. Do you have any experience with that line of work, Leif? I'm getting a funny/sleezy vibe from Saturn, and I think it works well.

Tell me more about their families. Where are they? Alive or dead? Any children they know of?
In Billy's case specifically, where was he during Vietnam? In Gorge's case, where was he trained and how did he end up in (Columbia)?
I have no experience in that line of work, sadly. I was a dj my freshman year of college at our campus radio station, though. I played all classic rock (which wasn't cool at that time), and the station accepted no advertising whatsoever. KHDX (K-Hendrix College) 93.1 FM. Ahhh, memory lane! Anyway, now back to the business at hand:

Billy was adopted as a child (8 years old) and never really bonded with his adopted parents. He had anger/abandonment issues with his too-young birth mother, but doesn't really remember her. No children (that he knows of...). He's never found a woman around whom he is comfortable enough around to let his numerous and varied mental defenses all the way down.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Philip Phins

Philip was a normal guy. He had a job, a wife, even a dog. Never being able to conceive, he and his wife enjoy a nice life non the less. But all started with the dog. Animals have the bad tendency of dying rather soon. And sausage dogs have shorter lifespans. When Scotty passed away, everything changed. Philip's wife had a nerves crisis and ended up crazy like a goat, not even able of taking care of herself. Philip spent every penny he had saved to cure his wife, but to no avail. In the end, he even gave up his job to stay with her in his house, since he now couldn't pay for a psychiatric hospital. But his debts were slowly throwing him to the streets, he needed to find a job to pay the rent. So he went out one day to get a job, and when he came back, all what was left of it were just a few charred logs and the bathroom. He was informed by his neighbours that the house literally blew off. Later, firemen determined that the oven was on, and that his wife's corpse was nowhere to be found. So no house, no wife, no job.
Philip thought about suicide. Why not? He had nothing. If his wife was alive she'll probably not eve remember him. But suicide was also a "no". He simply couldn't do it.
And so one day Philip found himself looking for food in a restaurant's trash can. He found himself warming his hands under a highway in a metal barrel that had something burning inside.
Then Philip had an epiphany. He was now a homeless.
However Philip is still a vibrant person.

Yttermayn

First Post
I have no experience in that line of work, sadly. I was a dj my freshman year of college at our campus radio station, though. I played all classic rock (which wasn't cool at that time), and the station accepted no advertising whatsoever. KHDX (K-Hendrix College) 93.1 FM. Ahhh, memory lane! Anyway, now back to the business at hand:

Billy was adopted as a child (8 years old) and never really bonded with his adopted parents. He had anger/abandonment issues with his too-young birth mother, but doesn't really remember her. No children (that he knows of...). He's never found a woman around whom he is comfortable enough around to let his numerous and varied mental defenses all the way down.

Sounds like you dooo have some experience, at least enough to where you understand the basics of how a station is supposed to operate!
Ok, I at least have a baseline. Where are his adopted parents now? Dead? Does he still contact them? Any siblings?

Voda: Great! Sound like Phil's wife really took not being able to have children hard, and then dumped all her maternal love and attention on the family wiener dog. Where's the rest of Phil's family? Does he have any connection to his in-laws?
Why is Phil still homeless? Why is he unable to get a job? How long ago did this all happen?

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

Leif said:
Billy was adopted as a child (8 years old) and never really bonded with his adopted parents. He had anger/abandonment issues with his too-young birth mother, but doesn't really remember her. No children (that he knows of...). He's never found a woman around whom he is comfortable enough to let his numerous and varied mental defenses all the way down.

Sounds like you dooo have some experience, at least enough to where you understand the basics of how a station is supposed to operate!
Ok, I at least have a baseline. Where are his adopted parents now? Dead? Does he still contact them? Any siblings?
Billy's adoptive parents had a child of their own when he was 13. From then on, they hardly paid any attention to Billy at all. After high school, Billy managed to finagle scholarships to pay for his first years of college, and once he got on campus and found the campus radio station, he discovered his true calling, and he won more scholarships for his radio work to allow him to finish school. When he left home, Billy never looked back, and he hasn't heard from any of his adoptive family since, which is fine with him. He sometimes wonders about his birth parents, mostly just in the moments before he finally falls asleep, but he isn't obsessed or screwed up about it.

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Wow, no wonder the guy has trouble settling down with a woman. He's got no familial road map. Does he drink? Do any drugs? Any other vices?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Wow, no wonder the guy has trouble settling down with a woman. He's got no familial road map. Does he drink? Do any drugs? Any other vices?
He's hardly got ANY map at all, road- or otherwise. Someone should get the guy a subscription to National Geographic, or point him to the nearest "YOU ARE HERE" sign. :heh:

Yttermayn

First Post
Scott: I'm starting the IC thread, I'd like to know how Gorge got to the states, if you would. I'll get Helfdan's char in when I have sufficient info and Voda's Phil as soon as I understand him a little better.

Remove ads