• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide - Episode #1 - "Looking Glass"

Vanifae

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Upstairs

"Thanks. Your parents are quite the collectors," he says, eying the titles. He starts putting them on the shelves alphabetically. "But I don't think sitting here reading books was what me, or most of the others, had in mind. Seriously, Vanessa. You have to know how long we've been here," looking up at her with imploring eyes.
Vanessa smiles, “Of course… I want to-”

Her eyes glaze over and she collapses at Michael’s feet. She starts to convulse, speaking in tongues nothing makes sense. Nothing she says makes sense, and the whole estate shudders with a groan.

Ian

“It shouldn’t be familiar to you,” the voice replies, “I am not sure how much time we have… too many of you are fighting the system… it is creating vast instability… inevitably it will collapse and when it does you could all die…”

She pauses… every car horn in the garage goes off at once.

“Instability is already manifesting, you have to listen to me Ian,” the voice speaks, “if you want to survive this you must listen to me.”

Outside by the Dirt Mound

Dee watches the pile, “Well I am sure that won’t…”

A whole section of wall collapses… and the forest bursts into flames, the sky turns black and then back to day…

Dee looks over shoulder at the group, “I got a bad feeling about this.”

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Vanessa smiles, “Of course… I want to-”

Her eyes glaze over and she collapses at Michael’s feet. She starts to convulse, speaking in tongues nothing makes sense. Nothing she says makes sense, and the whole estate shudders with a groan.
Alan rushes over to Vanessa and immediately begins giving her medical attention.

"Quick! Something's wrong! Give me a hand!"

OOC: If he needs surgical instruments then he'll spend a hero point to use his Create Object power as an AP: Equipment or else get the feat Improvised Tools. He'll also spend an hero point to automatically stabilize her if she's dying.

Shalimar

First Post
Haven jumps to his feet and yells out a few choice expletives. He throws up a ramp of earth and runs up to the top of the wall. "I think we have a problem. We need to get everyone together so we stand the best chance of..." he wasn't quite sure what they would stand the best chance of, but leaving people alone didn't seem like a good idea.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Outside

"Good news," Michael says with a smile towards Facade. "It looks like you were right, and we just broke the system. Vanessa collapsed, by the way."

"Now why is this bad? This is what we wanted. Thanks, by the way," he says to Haven. "I think your display was the coup de grace.

Upstairs

"Yeah...I really can't give you a hand. I'd guess she's in shock, but I'm no doctor; nor am I a nurse, paramedic, or someone who actually completed a CPR class. Try and stabilize her or something, I'm going to go get Ian." The duplicate then runs downstairs, jumping from halfway down each staircase and sprinting until he reaches the garage.

Shayuri

First Post
Facade looks around, obviously taken aback.

"Huh. We hadn't even started yet," she says mildly. "Maybe just us being aware of the situation is enough to set up some kind of...feedback. Vanessa collapsing could mean it IS her that's creating this, and the strain grew to be too much for her...but then we should be out of it. Or if she's some kind of watchdog, it may be that she had to go deal with things happening in reality because of this. In that case, she'd no longer be controlling her representation here..."

"This is a bit more dramatic than I expected...but one way or another, it looks to me like we're going to get some answers."

James Heard

Explorer
Hammerhead said:
Upstairs

"Yeah...I really can't give you a hand. I'd guess she's in shock, but I'm no doctor; nor am I a nurse, paramedic, or someone who actually completed a CPR class. Try and stabilize her or something, I'm going to go get Ian." The duplicate then runs downstairs, jumping from halfway down each staircase and sprinting until he reaches the garage.
Alan looks over his shoulder at the retreating form with a curse unspoken on his lips.

Everyone wants to help, except when there's a life on the line and blood on the ground, he thought bitterly. He returned to trying to save the young woman's life.

Victim

First Post
"The problem is that the instability seems somewhat hazardous, even if it is a success for us. We should disperse to prevent any local, extreme shift from wiping us all out. Vanessa's collapse probably means that 'she' is part of the manipulated environment, which is no collapsing." Come on, Dee, you said you wanted something to happen.

Ashley runs off along the wall, leaping over gaps. The road seems better than the burning forest, right now.

Shalimar

First Post
"The problem is that its crashing and we don't know whats going to happen." Haven answered. "I mean we could all die when it crashes, and that would be a fricken crime since for all we know we are all dying as virgins." he says sounding supremely pained by the thought.

Shayuri

First Post
"That's always been one of the risks," Facade allows. "I was going to bring it up before we started trying to bring it down, in fact. I didn't expect this to happen so fast."

"Since we're not DOING anything, I don't know how to stop it either."

Velmont

First Post
"What's the thing?" tells Ian, becoming nervous after the horns having

Let's hear her before seeing if I can trust her. thinks Ian, but with things going too wierd around him, he felt he will want to believe her.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads