• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide - Episode #1 - "Looking Glass"

Shayuri

First Post
"None of this is real," Facade gasps as she gets to her feet unsteadily.

"Conventional logic...may not apply. The basement's probably as good as anywhere..."

Victim

First Post
Shayuri said:
"None of this is real," Facade gasps as she gets to her feet unsteadily.

"Conventional logic...may not apply. The basement's probably as good as anywhere..."

"If you're thinking metaphorically, then the basement is considerably worse than anywhere. Why bother struggling to remember and break free if you're just going to run back to a promised place of safety. Of course leaving the Estate is dangerous - even without the earthquakes and firestorms, there's a whole universe of potential trouble out there. But can't we overcome hazards? Even if it's not safe, don't you want to experience it anyway? Even if our memories stay lost, we can just look at the world with new eyes - the wonder of children with the sense of adults."

Ashley encompasses the chaos around the group with a sweeping gesture: "Isn't this what we wanted? Why are we running away from our decision?"

Vanifae

First Post
Victim said:
Ashley encompasses the chaos around the group with a sweeping gesture: "Isn't this what we wanted? Why are we running away from our decision?"
“I wouldn’t say this is exactly what we wanted,” Dee replies, “But I do agree, this could all be an elaborate trick to get us under control… of course if one of us is inside then we have little choice but to help them… well I don’t… I won’t leave Alan inside in that inferno,” with that she rushes inside.

Ashley rolls a 14 to get to her feet on the Acrobatics check, she fails and simply stands.

The Garage

Ian gets himself free of the wreckage, even as another tree slams through a wall and window sending glass and debris across the room; Surge is unable to avoid the worst of it.

Surge rolls an 11 Toughness save, let me know if he wishes to use an HP.

Arjuna barks pacing back and forth in front of the open doorway.

Inside the Home

Krishna barks at Alan, rushing up from the basement, the doorway open; the normally stoic canine is quite animated. He tugs at Alan’s pants, even as the young man strains under the pain.

He also sees Dee stepping through the flames unscathed she shouts, “Alan are you okay?”

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Inside the Home

Krishna barks at Alan, rushing up from the basement, the doorway open; the normally stoic canine is quite animated. He tugs at Alan’s pants, even as the young man strains under the pain.

He also sees Dee stepping through the flames unscathed she shouts, “Alan are you okay?”
"I'm fine, Vanessa's having some sort of seizure. I've stabilized her but I'd like to get her on some ethosuximide or primidone. Does she have a history of epilepsy?"

He talks as we carries Vanessa to the basement, looking kindly down on the barking animal.

"All hell's broken loose outside, you'll want to come with me into the basement before I drop this barrier.

Velmont

First Post
With his toolbox containing teh radio in one hand, he rush toward the open door. "Arjuna, go to the basement!" he then spot Surge who got many debris. "Are you ok? Let's not waste any more time." If Surge is on his feet and can run, Ian will lead the way to the absement. If Surge is stun or worst, he will help him to progress toward the basement.

Victim

First Post
"Not all of us our fireproof, so I'll try to do something about that." I think I'd be protected, though.

Ashley takes a detour and stops by the pool. Is this going to work? I don't need leverage so why should I even really need to grip it? The important part is Will, wanting it to move. I think. She dips a hand in the water and tries to exert her power to pick up as much water as she can comfortably carry.

(TK +10 on the water, going for a light load)

Shalimar

First Post
Haven was breathing hard from the exertion by the time the others made it back to their feet. He had never done anything like that, and the stress had left him feeling like he had just run twenty miles.

"Lets get in to the shelter." He says, pushing his way after Dee, following her towards the basement."

Hammerhead

Explorer
At the Stairs

Michael pauses, staring at the tunnel, thinking.Alan made a tunnel, instead of a fork. The stairs must have broken while he was on them, then he made the tunnel to the basement for protection. So he made it. Michael then turns around, heading towards the stairs to the basement.

Outside the House

The two Michaels follow Dee and Haven inside. "Once more, into the breach," he mutters. I hope we make it out, with our memories intact. It would suck if Ashley was right, and we just woke up again. It would pretty much be my fault. On the bright side, no one would remember to blame me, he thinks with a smile.

Vanifae

First Post
Victim said:
"Not all of us our fireproof, so I'll try to do something about that." I think I'd be protected, though.

Ashley takes a detour and stops by the pool. Is this going to work? I don't need leverage so why should I even really need to grip it? The important part is Will, wanting it to move. I think. She dips a hand in the water and tries to exert her power to pick up as much water as she can comfortably carry.

(TK +10 on the water, going for a light load)
Ashley gathers up some water using her telekinetic prowess; meanwhile Dee assists Alan by taking his load, if he allows Dee to do so. She speaks, “I can hold her Alan get yourself to safety…”

Krishna barks his approval and then heads down the stairs. The rest of the home comes apart around the group. Flames, heat, and smoke fill their senses, and although there is a relative area of safety it won’t last forever…

The Garage

Arjuna barks at Ian, and stays close to him, as if trying to protect him… though it seems that her help may be quite futile since it seems like reality itself is falling apart around them.

Shayuri

First Post
Facade tries to stay close to Ashley, or if that's not possible, Dee. If something went wrong, she reasoned, the super strong one or the indestructible one would be most likely to be able to help her out.

Beyond that, all she can do is pull her shirt up a bit to cover her mouth and nose, and stay as low as she can to reduce smoke exposure. Even as she does, the cold voice in the back of her head points out, why so worried? It's not real, right?

That didn't make it not dangerous though...

Remove ads