• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide - Episode #1 - "Looking Glass"

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
"Come on. To the basement." tells Ian, leading the way there. "Do you have a duplicate bringing Vanessa or you need help?"

Extra Effort to boost strength doesn't necesserly need an Hp to be spent. It only give fatigue. But as I want to be able to run, yes, I'll spend an HP.
LOL you are correct, and noted; Point spent for the running not the Extra Effort.

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Alan drops down, his “shield” protects him from the flames on the way down but the force of the fall cracks something in his left leg… shooting pain courses through his body if it were not for the rage and adrenalin he would be down for the count. But he remains steadfast even with the stinging smoke and heat…

Alan fails the Toughness save by 11, the damage is Lethal; will update when I have my book on hand. He does not fail the Fortitude save though.

Alan sees the entrance to the basement adjacent to the kitchen… he just has to cross a flaming room and avoid fallen debris and he is home free, the damage to his left won’t make it any easier…
Unable to take any further actions because of his Staggered condition, Alan forms a "safe tunnel" of seamless stone from his and Vanessa's position to the entrance to the basement and the position they are in now.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Inside the House

"She had some kind of injury, so I went to go get you instead. Between the two of us, Alan and I should be able to bring her to the basement. Just stay there," he calls, running back towards the stairs, witnessing the destruction. Damn it.

What exactly does Michael see from his perspective of the chaos on the stairs and Alan's 'tunnel.'

Outside the House

"Come on," Michael calls to the others, picking himself up off from the ground, scrambling to find surer footing. His duplicate, further back than the real Michael, calls to Ashley "The house is burning, trees are falling! I think we might need your help in here after all!"

About how far away are our characters from the house?

Vanifae

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Inside the House

"She had some kind of injury, so I went to go get you instead. Between the two of us, Alan and I should be able to bring her to the basement. Just stay there," he calls, running back towards the stairs, witnessing the destruction. Damn it.

What exactly does Michael see from his perspective of the chaos on the stairs and Alan's 'tunnel.'

Outside the House

"Come on," Michael calls to the others, picking himself up off from the ground, scrambling to find surer footing. His duplicate, further back than the real Michael, calls to Ashley "The house is burning, trees are falling! I think we might need your help in here after all!"

About how far away are our characters from the house?
He can see Alan's tunnel from the kitchen door, and the characters outside not in the garage are about 200ish feet from the Estate.

Shalimar

First Post
Haven pushes outward with his power, trying to move not the earth itself, but those resting on it. Pushing himself hard, the blue haired teen uses the earth as if it were an escalator to transport his companions towards the relative safety of the house.

He runs along as fast as he can move, use his pull over the earth to increase his speed as if he is riding a wave of earth.

OOC: spending a HP to get an AP off his Earth Control. I have 16pp for this,

Telekinesis +7 (Extras: Area, Selective Flaw:Medium (earth), Flaw: Only horizontal
movement; 14pp)

Speed: 2 (2pp)

Standard action to move the others towards the house, and move action to run himself towards it.

Last edited:

Vanifae

First Post
Shalimar said:
Haven pushes outward with his power, trying to move not the earth itself, but those resting on it. Pushing himself hard, the blue haired teen uses the earth as if it were an escalator to transport his companions towards the relative safety of the house.

He runs along as fast as he can move, use his pull over the earth to increase his speed as if he is riding a wave of earth.

OOC: spending a HP to get an AP off his Earth Control. I have 16pp for this,

Telekinesis +7 (Extras: Area, Selective Flaw:Medium (earth), Flaw: Only horizontal
movement; 14pp)

Speed: 2 (2pp)

Standard action to move the others towards the house, and move action to run himself towards it.
How far does that move them?

Shalimar

First Post
OOC: The throwing rules are a mess (which is what this uses...I don't know why), but they will be moved 100 feet, with a little more or less depending on their weight.

I did miscalculate though. It will take a HP for the AP itself. I will then Extra Effort on top of that to surge, this leaves Haven Fatigued.

Standard Action: Move the others towards the house (100ft)
Move Action: Move myself to the house (250ft)
Surge Action: Move the others the rest of the way (200 ft total)

Victim

First Post
(It should be 100 feet for characters weighing less than 200 lbs, IIRC.)

Ashley climbs to her feet, extending a hand towards Dee.

(Acrobatics +6 to attempt a DC 20 check to stand up as a free action. If she fails, she'll spend the move action to stand up.)

"If the house is on fire and has trees falling into it, then how is it safe? Your best bet would to head into a more open area." She pauses, "But if they need help getting out of the house - or into the basement - then I'll go help." Ashley thows Haven a glare: "but it's their choice which way to go." She's obviously not pleased by Haven's uses of his powers to contain or control her movement.

Remove ads