Zombie Hunt (Bront Judging) [Concluded]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Balnibar thinks for a moment. "With enough knotted rope, I could fashion a net to drop over the beast. How large did you say it was? We may be best by starting with a net to a wing, grounding it, and following through with a second net across its form to immobilize it further. Also, would anyone have chain? It's much more expensive, but the extra strength would help further in capturing the beast."

Patlin

Explorer
"Chain is in somewhat shorter supply, but we can probably scavenge together 200 feet. We also have plenty of shovels and building materials if that helps, and there's probably other stuff that I'm not thinking of, so make sure to ask if there is something you need."

EternalSword

First Post
Shearan's face lights up for a second. Something just occured to me. Jarik, you said you know some offensive spells? If you start blasting the zombie, it should try to get at you, but if it flies badly, it take long enough to get there that we can hit it with the nets. Then we just have to keep shooting and blasting it till it's inanimate. Oh, and since it is a zombie, it's wounds do not heal without magic, so if we down it with nets, we have a very long time to kill it.
Shearan then turns to the farmers. Speaking from experence fighting Karrnath, this abomidation is most likely not immune to arrows. It's more like resistant to any sort of piercing weapon. A longbow or heavy crossbow should hurt it fairly consistantly. For that matter, a light crossbow might work, although it's hard to tell with this type of undead, since they aren't smart enough to feel pain.

Patlin

Explorer
EternalSword said:
Shearan then turns to the farmers. Speaking from experence fighting Karrnath, this abomidation is most likely not immune to arrows. It's more like resistant to any sort of piercing weapon. A longbow or heavy crossbow should hurt it fairly consistantly. For that matter, a light crossbow might work, although it's hard to tell with this type of undead, since they aren't smart enough to feel pain.

"Well, could be. We hit it with a bunch of arrows, and it didn't seem to notice, so we figured it wasn't working. If it doesn't feel pain though, it might just be so big that it'll require a whole lot of damage to take it down. All we have here are shortbows, though I suppose we might be able to borrow something out of the army's supply depot if there's something you need. Chances are they have some stuff on reserve in case of trouble with Karnath."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Wonderful! Let's get the rope and chain here and start preparing the net. Is there a farm or clearing that the beast frequents? We can set up our trap there. The net will start to ground it, then the chain will be drawn across it to anchor it to the ground. A good stout lock and post will work, but barring these items, we can bury the end of the chain in the ground first. I'm excited. I'm ready to start preparing the trap!"

Jarik

First Post
"I do indeed have some arcane blasting spells prepared, and a spell which allows me to summon the denizens of other planes to our aide. I stand ready to serve. I would ask, however, about the ground speed of this beast, can it move faster than a man would you say?"

Patlin

Explorer
"It couldn't keep up with a man on a full run, but anything short of that it'd probably overtake. It's a bit cumbersome, but those wings are powerfull."

Patlin

Explorer
If I've lost everyone's interest somehow and you don't want to play the game out, just let me know. Maybe my expectations are off for posting frequency, but I begin to worry when I'm the only one who posts for several days.

Remove ads