Zombie Hunt (Bront Judging) [Concluded]

Anti-Sean

First Post
Meksoor quietly observes her companions, noting how each of them interacts with one another as they debate how best to proceed, offering nods of agreement and grunts of approval as they seem appropriate.

IcyCool

First Post
"I'm not a fan of wanton destruction of property, but if we can ensure that the slingers in the barn have a quick escape route, and take it as soon as possible, it might be a viable option. We can always help these good people build another barn." Aidan thinks over the suggested plan again. "Several hundred pounds of rock dropping onto that creature should cause significant damage, and if it survives it will likely be pinned beneath the rubble, which should make it easy to finish off. If we drop the net over the open entrance of the barn once the creature is inside, it is unlikely that it will escape ... what do you think of that?" He asks his fellow monster hunters.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: <judge interuption> I see Eternal Sword hasn't even been on in 5 days. Who else is missing? Kill them Let me know. :)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc re: Judge interruption
Well, let's do a quick roll call. Here's who we started with:

Balnibar Jimminyblivet played by InVinoVeritas; Gnome Rogue 1
Jarik d'Velderan played by Jarik; Human Conjuror 1
Aidan ir'Allistair played by Icycool; Human Paladin 1
Meksoor Dhakaan played by Anti-Sean; Hobgoblin Bard 1
Shearan played by EternalSword; Elf Fighter 1

InVino Veritas has been posting, last seen: 9/21/6
Jarik was last seen 9/17/6 and was expressing dissatisfaction at the time, he might be gone
Icycool has been posting consistently, having mentioned that he has no internet connection on weekends.
Anti-Sean has just checked in 9/25/6, previously last seen 9/8/6
EternalSword last seen 9/12/6

I'm somewhat encouraged that Anti-Sean has returned. A couple of options for you all:

1) Press on, with the understanding that some PCs may back out of the fight. (I.E. Anyone who doesn't post an initiative (within a reasonable time) when I call for the battle will be presumed to have high tailed it to a safer location.

2) Call this off with an in character explanation that the Zombie Menace fails to show up for the fight -- No one is sure if the necromancer recalled it, but it doesn't seem to be marauding in this area anymore. If we do that, everyone goes back to the inn, I propose a new adventure that hopefully will maintain stronger interest, and we'll see who's interested in that.

I'll check back this time tomorrow, if you have a preference please post by then. I'm going to take any non-responses as voting for option 2.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: I'm all for pressing on.

"Terrific, that sounds like a plan! If there is an old, rickety barn that is in disrepair, we can rig the barn to have an easy escape route for human-sized creatures, a large net just behind the front wall for immobilization, and a falling stone structure trap to crush the zombie! I like it!"

Bouncing slightly, Balnibar excitedly titters, "My first dungeon..."

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: I too am all for pressing forward.

Aidan nods and looks to the rest of the group, "If the rest of you have no objections, then we should get some volunteers to act as slingers. I volunteer myself."

Anti-Sean

First Post
Meksoor responded quickly after hearing Aidan. "If we can find some slings, that may be where I can be of most help."

[[ooc: pressing on works for me]]

Patlin

Explorer
ooc
Looks like EternalSword and Jarik are no longer with us, and everyone else prefers to press on. The two PCs in question have left the area, for reasons know only to themselves. It's been 5 days since my request everyone checked in, so we'll consider this final so that we can indeed press on.

Patlin

Explorer
Balnibar takes charge of setting a trap at an old barn. Removing the Barn doors, he directs the locals in errecting some scaffolding around the entry and uses a pulley and counterweight system to haul three very large rocks up onto the structure. The scaffolding is rigged to drop the rocks when a rope is pulled, and someone will need to actually pull the rope as the zombie enters the barn.

You figure you've got a better than even chance to hit a large creature with at least one or two of the rocks.

ooc: It'll count as an improvised (-4) ranged touch attack weapon, and on pulling the rope you'll get three attack rolls. Each hit will deal 4d6 bludgeoning damage.

A human sized door exits the barn near where the triggering rope is placed, allowing a means of escape for the slingers and the rope puller.

You'll need two people outside the barn after the monster runs in if you want to pull the net into place. You're able to rig a way to tie the net in place, but if the zombie were to slam into it before the net was tied in place that aspect of things could go badly wrong.

If you want to rig the barn to collapse, you could do that as well. Otherwise, it would be fairly simple to cut arrow slits into the thin walls of the barn.

Remove ads