[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

ShadowX

First Post
Dayan

"Join you ruffians? I do not take to that idea as quickly as you do. But if the gold is good, suffering your presence may be worthwhile."

Mirth

Explorer
ShadowX said:
"Join you ruffians? I do not take to that idea as quickly as you do. But if the gold is good, suffering your presence may be worthwhile."

"Gold spends quickly," the Giant says in response to Dayan's comment, "but insults last forever, especially ones that are unwarranted. You would do well to learn to mind your tongue as well as you seem to mind your purse. Respect brings more earnings than riches ever can."

OOC: Ys-Baddaden is ready to go when everyone else is.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior watches the interplay between Ys-Baddaden and Dayan warily.

While keeping an eye on them, he turns to Khajom and whispers, "Friend, I got the impression you found something about my equipment or my clothing humourous before we arrived in town... or maybe I misunderstood. Is there something you would recommend that I purchase in preparation for our travels?"

OOC: Pyior's current shopping list is enough iron rations to give him four days total.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
"What you don't have, I can find along the way. I guess I just think you always overprepare—simplicity is key, Pyior. The elders of my tribe always said that our lives are frittered away by details. We number our concerns in the thousands when, really, two or three are enough for any man." Khajom says this in a low, conspiratorial tone to Pyior, shrugging.

Rybaer

First Post
With the temporary alliance of convenience in place, you soon finish your drinks and prepare to leave. En route to the door, you pass a table occupied by two humans - one in his late middle ages and heavily battle scarred, the other younger but still toughened.

"So, yer off to the Floating Forest, eh?" he says to your group as you're about to pass. "Good luck to ya, then. I hear there are creatures in that forest that so powerful they prey on the native trolls. If'n you see one and survive to tell the tale, I hope to hear what it looks like."

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
In response to Khajom...
"Hmm... Maybe there's something to your philosophy. I've never been that organized but I have managed to get by. But as a minimum, I require nourishment, unlike some who follow your path who somehow manage to eschew food."

In response to the humans...
Pyior stops in his tracks, lost in thought at the mention of powerful creatures. He turns to the humans and replies, "Very intereting. I will keep my eyes open."

Mirth

Explorer
Rybaer said:
With the temporary alliance of convenience in place, you soon finish your drinks and prepare to leave. En route to the door, you pass a table occupied by two humans - one in his late middle ages and heavily battle scarred, the other younger but still toughened.

"So, yer off to the Floating Forest, eh?" he says to your group as you're about to pass. "Good luck to ya, then. I hear there are creatures in that forest that so powerful they prey on the native trolls. If'n you see one and survive to tell the tale, I hope to hear what it looks like."

"Do these creatures have names, perchance?" Ys-Baddaden asks the humans before the group leaves. After getting their answer, the giant will follow the others.

Rybaer

First Post
mirthcard said:
"Do these creatures have names, perchance?" Ys-Baddaden asks the humans before the group leaves. After getting their answer, the giant will follow the others.

The older man thinks for a moment. "You know, I'm not really sure what they're called. I've heard that they're the size of a wagon and make a very distinct high-pitched buzzing hum just before they attack."

Remove ads