[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Ikni have Resist Necrotic 5. Anyone else have Necrotic Reistance I would not be aware of?

I've added the position of each person in the status, that should help. Also, please note that you start to understand a few things now you have seen the effect: Arcana, Religion (1d20+10=28, 1d20+6=21). Both Frederic and Sherryl have aura. Look at status for details.

And the undead kids (Jemny and Harold) and Frederic are not zombies at all, they are undead, are pretty bright, they even speak, as Jemny have spoken to the dockworker, and they even look like living thanks to illusion, and even without illusion, they look closely to there living appearance. No zombie token as they are not zombie, they are dreadclaws.[/SBLOCK]

Martelai miss the Ghoul who seems too quick for him.

Frederic approach the group. As he does so, everyone start to feel the air becoming chill. "Feels the wrath of the Valhyr's God." he shouts as necrotic energy flow. Bell and Derien are surprised by it and are fully affected by it while Ikni and Rhole are slightly affected. All fall on the ground. Only Charina and Martelai both resist the effect.

Harold quickly take advantage of Derien being on the ground and attack savagely the cleric before retreating, leaving a draining effect on him.

Jemny, badly wounded, flee behind the altar.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Derien is up, but unless he has a way to avoid the 5 ongoing necrotic damage, he will be unconscious and it will be to Bell to act.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Martelai miss.

Frederic
Move: Walk to G4 (yeah, they are fast)
Standard: Terrifying Splendor vs. Will [Close Blast 5; F5-B9] (Ikni, Bell, Derien, Martelai, Rhole, Charina) (1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=27, 1d20+7=27, 1d20+7=9, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=13, 3d6+5=9)
Critical on Bell and Derien for 23 damage and they are prone.
Hit Rhole for 9 damage and he is prone.
Hit Ikni for 4 damage and she is prone.
Miss Charina and Martelai

Harold
Move: Walk to F8
Standard: Claw vs. AC (Derien) (1d20+11=20, 2d6+4=11)
Free: Combat Advantage => Someone hit with combat advantage gain 5 ongoing necrotic damage (save ends).
Free: Shift to E10

Jemny
Move: Walk to Q6

Dockworker: Flee and cower in fear.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Map Updated

Initiative:
27: Ghouls - Acted
23: Charina - Acted
21: Rhole - Acted
19: Martelai - Acted
17: Dreadclaws - Acted
11: Derien
11: Bell
7: Sherryl
3: Ikni

Heroes
Bell [E6]: 7/30, 1AP, Prone
Charina [B8]: 34/34, 1AP
Derien [E7]: 2(-3)/36, 1AP, Bloodied, Prone, ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends)
Ikni [F6]: 13/43, 1AP, Bloodied, Prone, Immobilized (save ends), Stunned (save ends)
Martelai [C7]: 33/33, 1AP
Rhole [B6]: 20/29, 1AP, Bloodied, Prone, Song of Courage (sustain Minor)

Enemies
Harold [E10]: -0
Jemny [K5]: -52, Bloodied
Ghoul [G5]: -0
Ghoul [G7]: -7, Cursed
Frederic [G4]: -0 (Aura 5: unknown)
Sherryl [L4]: -0 (Aura 5: +1 att, dam, def to undead allies, unknown)

Bystanders
Dockworker [O1] : -0
Merryl [O6] : -0, Unconscious, Helpless (Bounded to Altar)
Ricky [L12] : -0, Helpless (Bounded by Ropes)
Jane [M12] : -0, Helpless (Bounded by Ropes)[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Do we know what defense is being targeted when they attack?

Also, I think you mixed up Rhole and Bell at some point. You're mechanic block does not match your status block as far as damage taken.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Also, ghoul couldn't avoid a curse and I attacked K5 (gnome picture near drow woman) and moved at E3 ( I edited less then a minute after posting, after I realized I didn't change action summary) Sorry for the confusion

Here are the rolls: Arcana; Religion (1d20+9=27, 1d20+4=6)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Sorry, I had been taken by the job before I could review what I had written...

- Added defence targeted.
- Added crused status to Ghoul
- Corrected Bell and Rhole damage. It's Bell who had been Critic.
- I changed Jemny action, she has flee the scene and hide behind teh altar, Which give her superior cover.[/SBLOCK]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell face goes wide with terror as the wave of Frederick's terror washes over and causes her to fall to the ground in pain. She looks over and see Derien fight for a moment before being overcome. So much to do. . . very quickly. . .no time to think.

She slams her sword against the ground, and a metal clang rings out. Holding it out before her, it continues to vibrate while absorbing the sonic effects of Great Ultra-Intense Thundering Audio Ripper. Bell reaches out with her will and twists the effects, playing with the arcane stream. A new cord floods forth, different yet harmonious with Rhole's. Her allies can feel in increasing their resilience.

Inspired by the sword's musical qualities, Bell quickly finds the next note in the pattern and alternating tones as Rhole continues to play, from her throat floats a wordless melody. She directs her attention toward Derien, and she sees his eyes flicker back to life. With no time to stand she points her sword toward Frederick, and pushes out two quick, yet powerful notes toward the undead menace. The sound continues to bolster her allies, but the fiend feels pain rock it's core, providing more openings to her allies.

[sblock=actions]
Minor Action: Song of Defense. All allies within five squares of Bell gain +1 to AC.
Move/Minor: Majestic Word on Derien. Derien spends a healing surge and gains an additional 4 hp. Derien is slid to D6.
Standard: Focussed sound vs Frederick. 23 vs Reflex, 10 damage. Until the end of Bell's next turn any attacks against Frederick crit on an 18-20.

Assuming that hit. . .
Harsh Song Blade, Free Action. Frederick and the Ghoul at G5 are dazed until the end of Bell's next turn.

Action Point!
Malevolent Mischief vs Frederick. 11 vs Reflex, 23 damage. I assume that misses so Frederick takes 11 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Bell's Full Sheet - (Prone, Bloodied)
Shadar-Kai Bard (Virtue of Cunning), level 2
Passive Insight 11 Passive Perception 15; Senses low-light vision
HP: 7/30; Surge Value: 7; 8/8
AC: 19, F: 13, R: 17, W: 15
Saving Throws +2 Racial bonus against the unconscious condition; +2 to all death saving throws
AP: 0

Feats Ritual Caster, Blade Initiate, Linguist
Skills Arcana +10, Bluff +9, History +10, Perception +5, Streetwise +9
Languages Allarian, Imperia, Tsugo, Magari, Draconic

Misdirected Mark, Guiding Strike
Focussed Sound, Shadow Jaunt, Words of Friendship, Majestic Word 1/2, Second Wind
Malevolent Mischief, Song of Defense, Swordmage Warding, Harsh Songblade
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Thanks for your patience, I have been working the whole week-end :p Update will come tomorrow, but before:

@Taran: Derien have a save to do. And I don't want to be blame for a failure ;)

@ScorpiusRisk: Bell take 5 necrotic damage from Frederic when Bell attacked him. That reduce her to 2 hp. Will she spend an action point and try to attack him again?[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads