• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Does Rhole have any "save-at-my" turn powers? So Martelai can enjoy the face of the drow when she eats his attack after she orders him around :devil:

Velmont, if any of cursed opponents fall, I'll use the bonus for a save. If you don't see post from me over 24 hours just roll the save so I don't keep anyone waiting.

Dunamin

First Post
The Great Ultra-Intense Thundering Audio Ripper continues building up atmospheric tension, irrespective of it and its owner remaining unseen. At one point the music picks up drastically, a development that not only snaps Ikniqpalagaq back to consciousness with renewed vigor, but even stirs her into action.

“Hey! Hey zombie-fake!” rings Rhole's voice. “Yeah, you the gnome-harassing one with the bolt through your throat!”

“It’s been a thrill dancing with you, but we really need to wrap this up and get on with the real show!”

As the Jemny-dreadclaw tries to narrow down where the voice of its victim came from, there’s another wailing pitch in Rhole’s song. This one resonates destructively with the dreadclaw’s mind, somehow building up internal pressure that threatens to pop its head clean off.

The overpressure also has the inadvertent effect of disrupting the abomination’s movement to some extent, making it twitch its shoulder in something that can just vaguely be described as… dance movements.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgnlZs3uB2Q&feature=related"]It Had To Be Done[/ame]

As Rhole fades back into view, it becomes all too clear that he is actually directing these moves and having the dreadclaw imitate them.

[sblock=Actions]
Start of Turn: Rhole takes 5 necrotic damage.
Minor: Sustain Song of Courage.
Move -> Minor: Majestic Word on Ikni heals her a surge + 5 and slides her to S8 (or another square of her choice).
Standard: Vicious Mockery at Jemny hits Will 20 for 12 damage (including CA for invisibility), and gives her -2 to attacks until end of Rhole’s next turn. This ends Rhole’s invisibility.
End of Turn: Rhole saves vs ongoing necrotic damage.

Did Derien’s readied attack nail Frederic, by the way?

The black energy pillar fade away and Ikni suddenly feels the force maintaining him in the air releasing him. Ikni absorb part of the fall but his head bump on the ground and he falls unconscious.
Classic Ikni gender mix-up. With this much ambiguity, she should’ve been an elf. ;)

Does Rhole have any "save-at-my" turn powers?
Sorry. Rhole will be back to drop Stirring Shout on Sherryl, though, after bailing Ikni out. (assuming that Ikni can keep Harold tied up for a moment)

Rhole – Gnome Bard 2
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 12
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 16, Will 17
Resist 5 fire
HP 17/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/8
Speed 5, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers: Cutting Words, Vicious Mockery;
Blunder, Majestic Word: 1/2, Words of Friendship; Fade Away, Ghost Sound;
Stirring Shout, Song of Courage
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
After Frederic and Jemny both falling under the attacks of the group, Martelai cannot stop the urging feeling to attack Bell. He blasts her without an hesitation. Bell sustain the hit but feels again on the edge of the death.

Harold ragely attacks Rhole, who have killed his friend, but is unable to connect with the gnome.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Charina is not hidden as she has no cover as she stands up. Sarcophagus gives enough cover only if she fall prone (Free action, which you can do if you want. You would be hidden from every enemy.)

Having delayed, Derien act now after Charina.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Charina: Hit!
Derien: Hit!
Rhole: Hit!

Martelai:Eldricth Blast vs. Refl; Bell (1d20+4=22, 1d10+5=10) Hit!
Free: Saved vs Immobilized.

Harold
Standard: Claw vs. AC; Rhole (1d20+9=13, 2d6+4=8) Miss.
Move: Shift to O12[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Map Updated

Sarcophagus are difficult movement square and give cover to anyone

Initiative:
27: Ghouls - Acted
23: Charina - Acted
23: Derien - Acted
21: Rhole - Acted
19: Martelai - Acted
17: Dreadclaws - Acted
11: Bell
7: Sherryl
3: Ikni

Heroes
Bell: 2/30, 1AP, Bloodied, Song of Defence (sustain Minor), Immobilized (save ends)
Charina: 29/34, 1AP
Derien: 13/36, 1AP, Bloodied, Prone
Ikni: 15/43, 1AP, Bloodied, Prone
Martelai: 2/33, 1AP, Bloodied, Prone, Dominated (save ends)
Rhole: 17/29, 1AP, Song of Courage (sustain Minor)

Enemies
Harold: -0
Ghoul: -49, Bloodied, Cursed, Blind (save ends)
Ghoul: -7, Cursed
Sherryl: -15

Frederic Aura 5: Anyone attacking him and within his aura take 5 necrotic damage before the attack. That means Bell didn't spend his AP.
Sherryl Aura 5: Any creature within her aura cannot regain hit points and undead have +1 att, dam and def

Bystanders
Dockworker [O1] : -0
Merryl [O6] : -0, Unconscious, Helpless (Bounded to Altar)
Ricky [L12] : -0, Helpless (Bounded by Ropes)
Jane [M12] : -0, Helpless (Bounded by Ropes)[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Attachments

• MapNorth.jpg
    MapNorth.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 126

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell looks up in fear as the ghoul hovers above her. Willing herself away. she seems to vanish into the shadows around her, only to appear next to Charina a short ways away. She focusses on her sword, sustaining the protection she offers her allies and draws a small amount to herself, healing her wounds.

Strength recovering slightly, Bell tries to save her friend. He shield juts out in a gesture to Charina and she shouts at the ghoul.

"She is soooooo going to shoot you in the larynx!"

[sblock=ooc]Move: Shadow Jaunt. Teleport to G10
Minor: Sustain Song of Defense
Standard: Second Wind, +7 hp, +2 to all defenses
Action Point: Misdirected Mark vs Ghoul at D6. 24 vs Reflex, 12 damage. The target is marked by Charina until the end of Bell's next turn.
Saves vs Immoblization

Comments: Virtually no hp, immobilized and being targeted by my friend! Couldn't heal Martelai due to the aura. Making the ghouls marked by Charina was as near as I could do.[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Bell's Full Sheet - (Bloodied)
Shadar-Kai Bard (Virtue of Cunning), level 2
Passive Insight 11 Passive Perception 15; Senses low-light vision
HP: 9/30; Surge Value: 7; 7/8
AC: 19, F: 13, R: 17, W: 15
Saving Throws +2 Racial bonus against the unconscious condition; +2 to all death saving throws
AP: 0

Feats Ritual Caster, Blade Initiate, Linguist
Skills Arcana +10, Bluff +9, History +10, Perception +5, Streetwise +9
Languages Allarian, Imperia, Tsugo, Magari, Draconic

Misdirected Mark, Guiding Strike
Focussed Sound, Shadow Jaunt, Words of Friendship, Majestic Word 1/2, Second Wind
Malevolent Mischief, Song of Defense, Swordmage Warding, Harsh Songblade
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Understandble. But I think our first priority should be Sheryl because of the aura. Would you consider targeting her instead? Along with everyone else in the party?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Because of cunning sneak class feature, Charina doesn't need full cover to attempt hidding and unless that sarcophagus is one feet high, shouldn't it provide normal cover?

Remove ads