• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

taran

First Post
[sblock=Bell]If you take your action before mine, and spend a move to crawl out of Sherryl's aura, I can heal you, and you'll still have actions left to keep up Song of Defense.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell keep her sword in the air, desperately working to sustain the ressonance protecting her friends. She crawls back a bit, and stands up to recollect herself.

[sblock=ooc]Minor: Sustain song of defense
Move:Bell crawls to D7.
Move/Standard: Stand up[/sblock]

taran

First Post
Derien crawls up the steps, then turns and waits for Charina's cloud of darkness to dissipate.
[sblock=Actions]Minor: Healing Word Bell, she may spend a healing surge and regain an additional 9 hit points.
Move: crawl to A6 (I think, VirtualBattleMap isn't loading, so I'm not totally sure that's legal. The idea is to move north and get out of Frederick's aura).Standard: Ready an action to Astral Condemnation Frederic as soon as Charina's Cloud of Darkness goes away. 24 versus Reflex, 14 damage. Whether that hits or misses, Frederic gets a -6 to all damage rolls.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I'm recovering from an 65 hours week of work (and I did not only worked) and VM is down, so I'll need to put up a map with map tool, which I don't master yet. Sorry for the dealy, but things will get back on track as soon as possible. I don't forget you.

Thanks for your patience.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
Sherryl move forward and climb on the sarcophagus. Martelai, prone, is easily touch by Sherryl. "You will be mine!" He suddenly start to feels confused and disoriented.

The black energy pillar fade away and Ikni suddenly feels the force maintaining him in the air releasing him. Ikni absorb part of the fall but his head bump on the ground and he falls unconscious.

The ghoul next to Charina try to attack the drow, but being blind, he is unable to connect with his enemy.

The other Ghoul move next to Bell and immobilized the Bard.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Thanks for you patience. I have mastered enough MapTool to make a map, but still have some problem, so it is slow. Also, I'm trying to figue how to use all the status icon, so ignore them for this time.

It's now to Charina, Rhole and Martelai (well, Martelai have only a save to roll as he is dominated).[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Sherryl
Move: Walk to F4
Standard: Touch of Corruption vs. Will; Martelai (1d20+10=21) Hit. Martelai is dominated (save ends)

End: Save vs ongoing damage (1d20+2=11) Save!
Fall damage; Ikni (1d10=5). Acrobatic roll to reduce damage; Ikni (1d20+2=7) Reduce damage by 3. not enough to stay alive.

Ghoul 1
Standard: Claw vs AC; Charina (1d20+7=19, 1d6+4=9) Miss, thanks to Bell's song of defense and Blindness.

Ghoul 2
Move: Walk to D6
Standard:Claw vs AC; Bell (1d20+12=25, 1d6+4=6) Hit and Bell is Immobilized (save ends)[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Map Updated

Sarcophagus are difficult movement square and give cover to anyone

Initiative:
27: Ghouls - Acted
23: Charina
21: Rhole
19: Martelai
17: Dreadclaws
11: Derien
11: Bell
7: Sherryl
3: Ikni

Heroes
Bell: 12/30, 1AP, Bloodied, Song of Defence (sustain Minor), Immobilized (save ends)
Charina: 29/34, 1AP, Bloodied
Derien: 13/36, 1AP, Bloodied, Prone
Ikni: -1/43, 1AP, Bloodied, Unconscious, Prone, Dying
Martelai: 2/33, 1AP, Immobilized (save ends), Dominated (save ends) Prone
Rhole: 22(17)/29, 1AP, Song of Courage (sustain Minor), ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save end), Grant CA, Invisible

Enemies
Harold: -0
Jemny: -52, Bloodied
Ghoul: -22, Cursed, Blind (save ends)
Ghoul: -7, Cursed
Frederic: -41, Bloodied, Immobilized (save ends)
Sherryl: -15

Frederic Aura 5: Anyone attacking him and within his aura take 5 necrotic damage before the attack. That means Bell didn't spend his AP.
Sherryl Aura 5: Any creature within her aura cannot regain hit points and undead have +1 att, dam and def

Bystanders
Dockworker [O1] : -0
Merryl [O6] : -0, Unconscious, Helpless (Bounded to Altar)
Ricky [L12] : -0, Helpless (Bounded by Ropes)
Jane [M12] : -0, Helpless (Bounded by Ropes)[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Map.JPG
    Map.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=OOC]Just to be clear, Fredericks terrifying splendor dropped Martelai prone? right?
Frederick is missing from init list.

Did Sheryl make martelai attack someone or stand up?
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Just to be clear, Fredericks terrifying splendor dropped Martelai prone? right?

Exactly.

Frederick is missing from init list.

He is a dreadclaw too, a creation of Sherryl like the two kids, but he has different powers. All dreadclaws (Frederic, Harold and Jemny) are acting at the same initiative.

Did Sheryl make martelai attack someone or stand up?

Nope, Martelai hasn't acted yet. Dominated creatures act at their initiative phase, but can only do one action, can use only at-will powers and the action is decided by the dominating creature. Dominated creature can save (if save is allowed) against the domination at the end of there turn, like any ongoing effect. [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I don't usually bother with the status icons in maptool. They usually clutter things up more than they clarify; and you have a good status block anyway.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Charina deftly reload and then shouts the ghoul in the throat. As promised. She was going to shoot them all in the throat! She then hustles out of the cloud of darkness, keeping low and to cover. When, the darkness cleared, she is gone.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: reload
Standard: Sly flourish
vs Ghoul adjacent to me AC (1d20+11+2=23, 1d10+8+2d6=27)
Move: H10 Stealth (1d20+15=27)

Eh. 27 damage ain't bad at all! That blind ghoul is up to 49 hp. And I should be well hidden.
[/sblock]

Remove ads