[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Sorry for my long silence.

The Ghoul is nearly dead and I rolled 1 on his next attack. Not having NPCed Rhole and Derien yet, and with a few hp left, that ghoul is dead.[/SBLOCK]

The Ghoul is weaken by the group and seems unable to connect now. The undead is easily dispatch. With Harold now gone, the group is now alone with Merryl and the other two kids.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Quickly reloading, Charina takes more time and fires a final arrow that hits the zombie through the skull. It falls to the ground like a rag doll.

-'' 'bout time!''

[sblock]Sly Flourish (1d20+11=27, 1d10+8=16)[/sblock]

Charina rushes to Merryl, inspecting her friend for wounds, satisfying herself that she are in no immediate danger.

-''Are you all right? What about the others? No life threatening injuries. Good. Okay, hold on now. We'll get out of here, somehwere warm and cozy, and you'll tell me everything. But before, there is something I have to do.''

Charina walks purposefully toward the cadaver of Sherryl, her face set and serious.

-''Rhole... Victory Song, please.''

The bard bows and execute himself.

[sblock][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9eYEB1ePxs"]YouTube- Bond - Victory[/ame][/sblock]

Charina start by softly tapping her feet to the rythm and when the songs picks up she breaks out in an elaborate victory dance, arms waving in the air and hips swinging. Her steps trace a circle around Sherryl.

-''I killed you, and I killed you and oh! Did I ever shoot you in the throat! Yeah!''

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: LOL, victory dance

Martelai ignores Merryl, rushing instead toward the children the moment the ghoul falls.
"Don't worry little ones, you're safe now."
He unbounds them and carries them back toward the altar. Still, before fully approaching, he stops to see if there is any problems with Merryl and gets to see peculiar dance of the drow.

Velmont

First Post
After Charina celebration, the group take care of Merryl and the two kids. They seems to have been shock by the event, but they are healthy.

"Thanks Charina." tells Merryl. "I see I was right with you and I'm happy you came for me. I have been a bit too hasty into establishing a new quarter, and I didn't expect the remaining of Rinch's gang react like that. I was expecting a warning but not be subject to necromantic experiment. Too bad Jemny and Harold are dead..."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=XP Award]Skill Challenge: 350XP per player
Encounter: 426XP per player
Quest and Roleplay: 300 XP per players
Time (3 and a half month):
364XP for Bell, Martelai and Rhole
438XP for Charina, Derien and Ikni

Total:
1440XP for Bell, Martelai and Rhole
1514XP for Charina, Derien and Ikni[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
More somber then his companions (after all he didn't just save a friend and he has more then double Bell's years) half-elven warlock lowers the children and states:
"We still need to chase down that ghoul. We cannot have undead running in the middle of civilized area."

[sblock=OOC Velmont]
This may be good place to state that Derien and Rhole run after Harold and are no longer with us
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Harold must be far by now." replies Merryl. "Those undead are submissive to their master, but have kept all their memory. And Harold know pretty well how to hide, I doubt, with the advance he got on us, he will be easy to get. I'll make sure to track him back once we are safe and back with the group. As we teach them all, we will be able to get him back. Sad faith he got."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Charina takes Bell's hand to lead her to a few steps and turn and a flowering finish to the victory dance.

-''Annnnd... done. All Right. Next serious order of business. Let's take everything that's not nailed down. Oh, what am I saying? We have plenty of time. Any of you have a crowbar?''

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Yes!" Bell says happily. "The evidence must be properly secured and studied. . . " And then she adds with a grin. "And spent! I have no crossbow crowbar maam but I do have a magically reinforced longsword."

Bell begins her search of the room.

OOC: Arcana 19 and Perception 17

Last edited:

Remove ads