Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen; Flashback - IC

Arabesu

OOC They only SENT the message. You have no idea who you would be meeting. It probably will NOT be a gnome and probably not of House Sivis.

House Sivis is used by everyone to send messages. They are the telegraph service for Khorvaire.

So they were only involved in the sending of the message.

Many groups, particularly gnomes, distrust each other. Gnomes are not Halflings with beards in Khorvaire; jovial and jolly and fun loving. Instead they are often very concerned with how their actions will advance their careers/personal status. Even all halflings aren't like "traditional" halfling/hobbit/kender. There are tribal halflings (that ride dinosaurs), sneaky, manipulative, criminally-minded Boramar halflings, and yes, also typically friendly House Ghallandra halflings.

The bit at the end of the message: "A House Sivis Service.” is just house Sivis' advertisment to let you know that "this message was sent by house Sivis, but in actuality was sent on behalf of someone else."

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
"So, was this just a message using their service, or are they the ones with the job?" prompts Rosa.

Arabesu said:
OOC Gnomes are not Halflings with beards in Khorvaire; jovial and jolly and fun loving.

OOC: Yeah, but we act like that in Zilargo, right? :D

Douane

First Post
Saris almost sighs audibly as he stands nearby and listens to the discussion. Coin, Coin, coin - what need did he have for coin? All he cared for was finding the Emerald Claw, not to build up a fortune. Still, in the absence of any hints to that end this might be the next best thing since he knew well enough that finding any clues to their whereabouts on his own was not going to happen, at least not in a city.

"No. All or nobody," he pipes in, his voice barely above a whisper. "If someone is willing to pay, there is always room to haggle. And can you imagine Hightower or I trying at that?"

He had learned much about civilization.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
'Kern’s rest and Revelry tomorrow morning to discuss arrangements. Be prepared for travel.' That's all I got, as it seems we found something to provide funds for us. So, what does everyone think?

renau1g

First Post
"Well, my coin purse is feeling pretty light and my stomach pretty empty. I think this job sounds as good as anything else, so we'll travel to this Kern's Rest & Revelry" Fenwick will say as he gets up "Well, I'm feeling pretty tired, I'm going to get some rest.' It's always good to look your best for a client', is what my dad used to say. Goodnight.

Arabesu

- if you all decide to go...

Kern’s rest and revelry is an average quality hostel located in Upper Dura. The inn is operated jointly by House Ghallandra and House Thuranni. In addition to multiple performing stages and rooms for rent the establishment incorporates a number of private rooms that have witnessed every sort of secret dealing.

You arrive in the morning when a lone bard is playing for patrons eating breakfast. The atmosphere is subdued and austere, and yet inviting.

The hostess, a perky young elf, apparently recognizes your group as you enter and with a smile and wave suggests for you to follow. She leads you to a second-floor room, partially open to the floor below and with an excellent view of the stage. The sounds of a lute carry above the faint din of breakfast. A number of chairs are arranged closest to the balcony’s edge, and a low table against the back wall of the room is laden with fruits and pastries.

A middle-aged human with dark hair and neatly trimmed beard stands near the chairs, apparently enjoying the musical performance. He turns as the door opens, gesturing to the table. “Please, help yourselves. I can see from your faces that you are hungry. My name is Sur’kil, and we have business to discuss, which is always more pleasant on a full stomach.”

Attachments

• Surkil.jpg
    Surkil.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 84

moritheil

First Post
Having dressed her professional best, Rosa tries a winning smile. "You are too kind, sir."

OOC: I guess we're fast-forwarding through the discussion. Rosa won't mind going if her skills could be of use at the negotiation.

Arabesu

He returned Rosa's smile, "Not at all, mistress Rosapila. It is no kindness to offer such a feast," his smile changed to a wry smirk, "I am simply trying to ingratiate myself to you so that you'll consider my offer."

Looking down at the food as if noticing it for the first time, "It does look good doesn't it. Please sit."

Drawing a napkin out from under a copper plate, he sat on a narrow sofa near one end of the table. Taking a bite from an apple, he motioned to the two long couches flanking the table, and in particular to Rosa, motioned to the small divan at the far end of the table.

He continued to eat quietly, smiling occasionally, but apparently waiting to reinitiate the conversation until all have had something to eat or declined.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
OOC - Just warning, I am heading down to Argentina for a few days. I fly out tomorrow, won't have internet until Thursday night, at earliest, and will return on Monday morning to normal posting status. Until then, I will try to post, but if I don't, just know it's because of work. Thanks!

Trent steels himself from looking like an eager person, as he let's the others begin eating before himself. When he does, he takes a healthy portion, and sits to eat. He will let Rosa talk for the most part, but speak when need be...

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower takes care not to catch his ample spikes on passers bye or wall ornaments as he moves through the tavern's common area with a little more haste, after beaning the bard with a silver piece. Sitting talenta style on the floor at the end of the table, the goliath helps himself to a slab of something steaming from the proffered spread with a grateful nod.

OOC - Classes started yesterday and it was kind of hectic.

Remove ads