Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen; Flashback - IC

renau1g

First Post
Seeing the others grabbing food, Fenwick will help himself to a plate as well and sit next to Rosa on the small divan, his feet swinging freely a couple of inches above the ground. He'll wait to eat until the others partake in their meals, and a couple of minutes after that. Fenwick would be cautious of one who'd offer such a meal freely and wait anxiously to hear what he says.

Arabesu

Once those who would eat seem to be slackening their feast, he begins to explain himself and his task by way of introduction:

“I am what you might call an independent researcher. I have recently uncovered hints and rumors of an ancient site dating back to the so-called Age of Demons. I would like to employ you to investigate this location, and to retrieve a relic that I believe might yet remain there.”

“This task is not without some degree of danger, which is why I require the service of seasoned individuals such as yourselves,”
looking at each of your in turn, perhaps assessing each your capabilities. Sur’kil continues. “The location is somewhat remote, and so I would like to procure you services for a period of at least four weeks. You will have your choice of any treasure you find at the site with the exception of the relics I seek, for which you will be rewarded in full market value. I can offer you each a base fee of 250 gp per week plus any travel expenses you incur. I will provide half up front.”

moritheil

First Post
Rosa helps herself to some food and thinks carefully before replying. She tries to recall what she can about the Age of Demons and anything she may have heard or read about similar relic excavations.

Know (arcana) (1d20 9=16)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Looking to see what the others are thinking regarding this request, Fenwick will play a bit with his food pushing it from one side of the plate to the other. He'll think back to all those dull lessons when his father attempted to drill him trying to drudge up any recollections of what this man is talking about.

Knowledge(Arcana) (1d20+3=22)

Arabesu

OOC Eberrons' timeline can be sumarized as follows:
The age of dragons, the age of demons, the age of giants, the age of monsters, and the current age.

So the age of demons is an incredibly ancient time, dating back older than 80,000 years ago. It was a time when the nascently formed and young dragonspawn of Syberis fought the demonspawn of Kyber in open warfare. Rhakshasa's and Night Hags ruled the land for a time, until the dragons finally gained a foothold. The war was only truly settled once the Couatls intervened, sacrificing themselves to trap the demonkind in the bowels of Kyber.

Last edited:

Jack of Tales

First Post
Faris-Shapeshift Druid-Jack of Tales

OOC: Sorry for the slow posting, this last week I had four tests and two ten page papers to get in. Bloody government classes. Should be back to normal though.

Faris lays on her back on the floor looking up at Sur'kil while in the form of a large leopard. She listens to his story and listens to the comments of the others before deciding she has questions of her own. She sits up and melds back to her normal shape. Still sitting on the floor she looks at Sur'kil and speask.

What are these relics you want us to find? How will we know what they are or where they are? The ruins may be very deep and an idea of where to search would be helpful. Also, how dangerous are you talking here? Are the ruins inhabited by anything sentient to the point where we will be intruding on someone's home? Or is it more along the lines of being inhabited by assorted predators that have taken up home there?

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Rosa sips a drink and inclines her head at their potential employer. "Though we are prepared to assume that the site is dangerous, we must know - are the relics themselves potentially dangerous?"

Arabesu

What are these relics you want us to find? How will we know what they are or where they are? The ruins may be very deep and an idea of where to search would be helpful.
"Tablets or slates with ancient writings, lost works of art or symbology, and other equally exciting finds."

Also, how dangerous are you talking here? Are the ruins inhabited by anything sentient to the point where we will be intruding on someone's home? Or is it more along the lines of being inhabited by assorted predators that have taken up home there?
"Wildlife and primitive tribes, both expected to be hostile."

are the relics themselves potentially dangerous?"
He pauses for a second, as if considering, then responds, "I do not know if 'the relics,' specifically, will be dangerous to you per say, but they might be protected, either by traps or guardians.

renau1g

First Post
Fenwick will think carefully about the hostile tribes and guardians as he battles against his own inner cowardice. In the end he knows the his friends are capable individuals and they've been through these type of situations before. "You can count me in" Fenwick will announce, although not quite as enthusiastically as Faris.

Remove ads