• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

Mirth

Explorer
"Well that was short work," Ys-Baddaden says as he cleans the blood off his morningstar. "If these crude warriors are any indication of the foes we face, then this job will be done quickly, methinks."

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior peers down at the Rhodin and answers Khajom, "The Rhodin that I incapacitated so elegantly is certainly still alive. We should bind him as the effects of the Mind Stab will begin to wear off shortly. I noted your combat tactics, friend. I believe you displayed admirable restraint."

After checking the condition of the other two Pyior exclaims "They live! Amazingly hardy, these creatures! Perhaps these are Rhodin of the six-chambered heart variety! Someone should bind their wounds."

Pyior leans over the the Rhodin he incapacitated and places his ear on its chest. "Hmmmmm...." Soon afterwards he stands and says "Unfortunately the Tongues dwoemer is far beyond my meager capacity. Can anyone communicate with these creatures?"

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
In response to Pyior...

"Restraint? He wriggled free. I just wanted to pin him down so it'd be easier to rip his heart out." Khajom smirks, undercutting the virulence of his statement. The litorian starts to wander off, away from the bodies.

"Oh, by the way, binding their wounds won't help you figure out if these are six-chambered rhodin. Just let me know if you need to find out though—there's an ancient Litorian technique for finding out how many chambers are in a rhodin's heart." The litorian moves a little ways further down the road, keeping his eyes peeled for any oncoming.

Rybaer

First Post
[ooc - Pyior is fairly certain that rhodin typically speak their own languange and rarely can be bothered (or have the mental capacity) to speak any other. Knowledge: Dangerous Beasts (roll 13+9=22)]

No one seems to be very forthcoming or willing to heed Pyior's requests to bind the unconscious rhodin, or the heal his dying companions. Both of the wounded are bleeding out and likely on the cusp of death.

A trio of broad-winged birds circle high overhead...possibly vultures.

Galbraith

First Post
Approaching the Rhodin and glancing at his companions... Osric thinks to himself "I wonder what they are doing... Why are they all watching me and not helping..." Performs another coup-de-grace leaving the Rhodin that is perfectly healthy but incapacitated.

I prefer to cleanly kill my enemy instead of having to finish the wounded and dying. I take no joy in doing this but is it not better to finish them and not let them languish in pain.

Steps towards the last Rhodin and motions with his dagger

This one too? He is uninjured...

Last edited:

Galbraith

First Post
This is a very odd group I have joined up with. They stand around and watch while I do the "dirty work". I step to the third, and last, Rhodin and draw my blade across his throat. I search all three bodies looking for anything of value.

OOC: If I find anything on the bodies I pocket it. When done I continue to travel down the road not waiting for my companions. After 100 feet I'll glance over my shoulder to see if I'm being followed by them

rangerjohn

Explorer
I don't know what's up with the rest of the group. Although I think the mage would object to you killing the one he knocked out. I think he deliberately used non-lethal means.

Galbraith

First Post
OOC: I agree, Ranger John. That is why I waited 5 days to kill the first injured one, 2 days to kill the second and 2 and a half days to kill the third incapacitated one. I was trying to spark some postings by slowly killing them.

Nothing happened.

Rybaer

First Post
Galbraith said:
This is a very odd group I have joined up with. They stand around and watch while I do the "dirty work". I step to the third, and last, Rhodin and draw my blade across his throat. I search all three bodies looking for anything of value.

OOC: If I find anything on the bodies I pocket it. When done I continue to travel down the road not waiting for my companions. After 100 feet I'll glance over my shoulder to see if I'm being followed by them

From a previous post of mine:

Rybaer said:
All three wear beastscale armor and were carrying shields, battleaxes, (thrown) shortspears, and small sacks slung over their backs. A quick rummaging through their belongings nets a small assortment of unpleasant foodstuffs, a few personal items, and about 17 GP in mixed coin.

[ooc - I'd like to thank Galbraith for bumping and trying to prod this story along. I have to assume that either many of the players are too busy to post or were waiting on Cordo to make up his mind as to what Pyior planned to do with his unconscious rhodin. Either way, I'd like to see if we can't get this story back on track and push on. Can everyone make at least a small post...probably in response to Osric's finishing off of the wounded enemy...as a way to check in and jump start the story. Thanks!]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads