• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Sh*t. Khajom growls and punches the nearest dog. "Am I okay, Pyior? I'm a damn sight far from okay." Khajom grins through his pain. Actually, you lovable, witch-brained magister, I'm kind of between midnight and death over here.

OOC: Khajom currently has 2 hp. His melee attack is +1 for 1d6+1.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Pirythanis pursues the dog he missed and flanks it with Danwyn. He lashes out with his sword and feels the blade bite deeply into the dog's side. It lets out a frantic yelp and staggers, but does not yet fall. [roll (10+3+2=15), hit; dmg 5+3=8]

Pyior continues to hurry toward his downed comrade. Pirythanis and Danwyn have surrounded one of the two dogs, so the magister focuses his magic on the other. Again, an invisible beam of mental energy lashes out but this time it fails to connect, dissipating harmlessly in the grass. [ranged touch attack (10+3-4=9), miss]

Osric shuffles back from the skinny dog's snapping fangs so he can let loose a clean shot. The arrow slices along the dog's back, leaving a trail of blood. [roll (18+3=21), hit; dmg 1+2=3] The dog acts frustrated but continues to advance.

Khajom rolls away from the dog that his two companions are engaging while swinging a wild punch at the other. He fails to connect, but does manage to get out from between the two dogs. [roll (2+1-4=-1), miss] [ooc - Were you to stand, you'd have provoked two attacks of opportunity from the dogs. Lacking a more specific course of action, I judged it safest for you to roll 5' to get out of the flank and then attack from a prone position.]

Ys-Baddaden aims the backswing of his morningstar at the nearest dog's head. The dog is remarkably nimble, however, and has little problem dodging the blow. [roll (7+4=11), miss]

The skinny dog on Osric, in spite of a couple injuries, makes another lunging attack. It's teeth make contact with Osric's armor, but slide off the smooth scales harmlessly. [roll (14), miss]

While Ys-Baddaden's swing sails wide of "his" dog, it wastes no time in leaping inside his reach and biting again at the back of his leg. Again, it misses. [roll (12), miss]

The dog between Pirythanis and Danwyn turns its attention from the downed litorian and attacks Pirythanis. Injury seems to have slowed it somewhat as the sibbecai has no trouble batting aside its maw with the flat of his sword. [roll (8), miss] The dog does manage to get out from its precarious spot between the two swordsmen.

The dog attacking Khajom presses its advantage and again its teeth find flesh, burying into his leg. [roll (15), hit; dmg 3] [ooc - remember, Khajom's only staggered, not unconscious yet]

In Danwyn's estimation, Khajom needs a lot more help right now than Pirythanis does with their respective devil dogs. He leaps over and slashes at Khajom's dog from behind while it's busy sinking fang into leg. The blow connects and the dog disengages its hold to yelp in pain and frustration. [roll (10+4+2 flanking=16), hit; dmg 2+3=5]

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Khajom rolls another 5 ft. away from the devil dog and stands up.

OOC: Yeah, I knew he was just staggered, but I figured it wasn't a bad idea to post it. :) I don't think I can attack, so this is my total move for the round.

garyh

First Post
Pirythanis will attempt to finish off "his" dog before moving on to directly help Khajom. It simply wouldn't do for this dog to keep pestering us.

Mirth

Explorer
Rybaer said:
Ys-Baddaden aims the backswing of his morningstar at the nearest dog's head. The dog is remarkably nimble, however, and has little problem dodging the blow. While Ys-Baddaden's swing sails wide of "his" dog, it wastes no time in leaping inside his reach and biting again at the back of his leg. Again, it misses.

Ys-Baddaden continues to hold the attention of this dog, hoping to both kill it and keep it away from Khajom while the others tend to the litorian.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior cries out, "Thael Deadeye, guide my spell!" and begins waving his staff and incanting again.

OOC: Pyior will cast a diminished Mind Stab on the most injured (but not unconscious) dog.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Danwyn continues to draw the dogs attention away from Khjom. "Lets make sure these dogs trouble no other travelers!" He attempts to put down the dog he is fighting.

Rybaer

First Post
Pirythanis swings his sword with the intent of finishing off the dog he has already seriously wounded. In spite of its injury, the dog manages to evade the attack. [roll (2+3=5), miss]

Pyior waves his staff and unleashes another invisible beam of mental force at the dog between Khajom and Danwyn. Between the three of them, he is unable to get a clean line of sight and the spell goes astray. [ranged touch attack (3+3-4=2)]

Osric can tell that the dog pursuing him is severely weakened. He hops back from the snapping jaws and unleashes another arrow from nearly point blank range. The arrow hits its mark, burying deeply into its chest. The dog collapses instantly and its blood seeps into the hard ground. [roll (17+3=20), hit; dmg 4+2=6]

Khajom, battered and abused, rolls away from the dog and staggers to his feet.

Ys-Baddaden eyes his foe. The dog almost appears to be doing the same back...as if both were trying to find a way through the other's defenses. Ys-Baddaden lunges slightly left and brings his morningstar around in a wide arc from the right. It catches the dog off-guard and connects solidly. The dog lets out a bitter yelp, but does not drop. It looks to be in very bad shape. [roll (12+4=16), hit; dmg 4+4=8]

Something in the dog that Ys-Baddaden just hit, something distinctly un-animal-like, induces it to press the attack in spite of its injury. It lunges at the giant, but it is too slow and too clumsy to get anywhere close. [roll (8), miss]

The dog on Pirythanis, much like the one attacking the giant, simply refuses to flee in spite of its condition. It snaps at the sibbecai, but the warmain casually sidesteps the attack. [roll (13), miss]

Heedless of the blow landed on it by Danwyn, the remaining dog pursues Khajom...as if it could sense the chance at a kill. The dog gauges the litorian's shakey posture and lunges just at the right moment. Its jaws close around Khajom's throat and bring him to the ground. Khajom is no longer struggling. [roll (nat 20, not verified 10); dmg 4. It looked worse than it could have been...the non-verified crit was a non-jugular hit.]

Danwyn, nearly in a panic, brings his sword down in a hard arc at the dog on Khajom's throat. The dog is already rolling off his "kill" though, and the blow misses...and narrowly misses hitting Khajom. [roll (3+4=7), miss]

[ooc - Recap: One dog down, one very abused one by Ys-Baddaden and another very abused one by Pirythanis. The third remaining dog is only moderately injured, standing between Khajom's body and Danwyn with Pyior nearby. Khajom is at -5 hp and starts stabilization checks next round...but has quite a way to go before death.]

Remove ads