• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Khajom grins back, a wide, toothy, sheepish grin, and quietly says, "Thanks."

Standing up and stretching, he looks to the others. "Maybe we should call it a night? I'm exhausted." At this last, he nods towards Pyior.

Mirth

Explorer
Kajamba Lion said:
Standing up and stretching, he looks to the others. "Maybe we should call it a night? I'm exhausted."

"If the night will let us, that is," Ys-Baddaden says in return, sitting down on a nearby rock. "I am glad to know you are well again, litorian," the giant continues as he wipes dog innards off his morningstar. "I would be glad to take first watch in order that you and Pyior could take your necessary rest. Considering what you have both been through, perhaps neither of you should stand guard."

Old Fezziwig

"Thanks, Ys-Baddaden. I'm pretty happy to be feeling well again myself. As for watches, I'd be happy to take the last watch, but will defer to the company."

Rybaer

First Post
** Chapter 3 **

The watch order is sorted out and the rest of the night passes quietly. In the morning, Pyior casts another Lesser Transfer Wounds on Khajom, bringing him back to full health. [2 hp healed for night of rest (Fast Healer) and 7 hp for spell]

Camp is broken and you push on through much of the day. After encounters with rhodin, bandits, and now devil dogs, the group tends to be a little bit more subdued, quietly watching the horizon for trouble. In the late afternoon...

Module text box said:
Finally you see the watch fire burning atop Ebonring Keep. As you come over the last rise, you see that the Keep is embedded in a low hill on the edge of the Floating Forest. The first level of the Keep is buried on one side. There is no access to the first level from the outside - even the exposed side has no windows or doors and recessed arrow slots allow defenders to fire upon any who attempt to storm the doors.

Ruins surround the keep, starting about twenty feet out from it and extending out to two hundred feet, ending at the ragged remains of a wall. One sagging tower remains of the gatehouse. Tents and stalls have been set up throughout the ruins and even from this distance you can hear the sounds of people at work: blacksmiths, stonemasons, carpenters, and other craftsmen.

As you continue down the road, a small squad consisting of four litorians jog out to intercept your group. The leader of the squad is a unarmored but physically-imposing female. She has an ornate bastard sword at her side, but even casual observation notes that it is peace-bonded in its scabbard. The others wear light armor, mostly leathers, and are armed with various weapons (swords, spears, bows, etc.). While some openly carry weapons, none are held threateningly.

"Halt!" the female litorian commands as they stop before you. "I am Yaren, sub-commander of the occupying forces of the Ebonring Keep. State your names and business, and be quick about it."

Old Fezziwig

Khajom smiles at the litorians. "I'm Khajom. We're here to speak with Irana Truthspeaker." He looks at the others, to see if they will introduce themselves; if not, he'll introduce them to Yaren. He will wait as long as possible for the others to do this, until such a time as it would be considered rude not to introduce the others.

OOC: For the folks that'll be celebrating tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Kajamba Lion said:
Khajom smiles at the litorians. "I'm Khajom. We're here to speak with Irana Truthspeaker." He looks at the others, to see if they will introduce themselves; if not, he'll introduce them to Yaren. He will wait as long as possible for the others to do this, until such a time as it would be considered rude.

OOC: For the folks that'll be celebrating tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving! :D

"Danwyn at your service milady."

OOC: Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you as well.

Galbraith

First Post
Sensing the litoran's desire for us to introduce ourselves. In Litoran I will answer:

I am Osric, seeker of esoteric knowledge so that it may be communicated to all.

Rybaer

First Post
Pyior chimes in next. "Pyior Silverleaf, ma'am. Novice magister and student of exotic creatures." He gives her a short bow.

Yaren listens to each introduction with careful attention. She has a habit of licking her lips, which exposes a good bit of fang. This is a bit disconcerting to most of you, though Khajom recognizes it as a meaningless gesture that some litorians are prone to doing without realization.

[ooc - I'll wait just a little longer for the others to finish their respective introductions. Figure with the holiday weekend, people will be a bit on the slow side.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads