[AU]Vale of Shadows [IC]

Mirth

Explorer
"I am Death's voice, eyes, ears and hand. You would all do well to remember that and take from it what you will," Xen says as he strips himself and drops his gear in with the others.

OOC: Good thing I hadn't finished selecting all of Xen's equipment :D

dead_radish

Explorer
The Sibeccai sneers at you all. "I am Kirus the Mystic. That is all you need know of me."

As Rupert stashes the dagger, one of the guards chuckles slightly. "You may take that with you if you wish. I would advise hiding it much better than you have, however - the guards at the entrance to the prison will be quite....familiar with you upon entering. Anything in your clothing will certainly be located."

After all the introductions are finished, you are lead outside to a large windowless wagon that has obviously just arrived. The road dust settles about your feet as you are all placed in irons and put into the wagon. It is dark inside, but not completely so - a glowing ball of light sits in the corner, fluttering weakly. There are perhaps 10 others in the wagon, all shackled to the walls. Many of them seem to have been severly beaten. One of them is clearly suffering from some sort of wasting disease. They look up at you without any real interest in their eyes. The magister snorts in disgust, and takes a seat at the farthest end of the wagon, and a guard locks him down. Each of you is given a place in the wagon. The stench in the place is nearly overwhelming, and a quick look around reveals that the only "facilities" are a few holes drilled into the wagon floor.

The wagon is sealed up, and begins rattling down the road.

Inez Hull

First Post
I wonder if I was perhaps too quick to agree to this task. Alas, too late for regret. Hear my prayer Alfeenus and watch over me and my companions as you do all who enter gaols as innocents.

rangerjohn

Explorer
dead_radish said:
The Sibeccai sneers at you all. "I am Kirus the Mystic. That is all you need know of me."

As Rupert stashes the dagger, one of the guards chuckles slightly. "You may take that with you if you wish. I would advise hiding it much better than you have, however - the guards at the entrance to the prison will be quite....familiar with you upon entering. Anything in your clothing will certainly be located."

After all the introductions are finished, you are lead outside to a large windowless wagon that has obviously just arrived. The road dust settles about your feet as you are all placed in irons and put into the wagon. It is dark inside, but not completely so - a glowing ball of light sits in the corner, fluttering weakly. There are perhaps 10 others in the wagon, all shackled to the walls. Many of them seem to have been severly beaten. One of them is clearly suffering from some sort of wasting disease. They look up at you without any real interest in their eyes. The magister snorts in disgust, and takes a seat at the farthest end of the wagon, and a guard locks him down. Each of you is given a place in the wagon. The stench in the place is nearly overwhelming, and a quick look around reveals that the only "facilities" are a few holes drilled into the wagon floor.

The wagon is sealed up, and begins rattling down the road.

~So it begins, I pay first with my sense of smell. Ice Cat preserve us.~

dead_radish

Explorer
(OOC: Since no one stated an opinion in the ooc thread, I'll just go on here).

The trip to the prison is hard. Harder than anything most of you have experienced in your lives. The benches are rough hewn, and unbelievably uncomfortable. The conditions are squalid - you are fed perhaps once every two days, and what you food you get is merely a thin gruel. The sibeccai magister, at least, seems to enjoy the gruel well enough, but you're not sure if he's merely making a good show, or whether it is magically influenced. He also magically cleans himself twice a day, but even that doesn't seem to help. After 6 stops, which you assume to be nights, the wagon draws to what must be the final stop - voices are raised in orders, and you hear feet tramping about outside.

Suddenly, the doors are thrown open, and light cascades in, searing your ears - the near darkness of the wagon had not at all prepared you for this. The guards yank you out roughly, and line you up at the entrance. Each prisoner before you is stripped, forced into a freezing cold lake to clean them off, and then lead into the prison.

The prison itself is imposing - sheer cliffs lead down into a valley. A giant lake, currently frozen over, takes up the majority of the valley floor. The remaining portion of the floor is taken up by...well, a fortress is almost the best description - high stone walls, towers, gate houses and the like. The prison is sizable, and open to the sky. Several spyrtes can be seen buzzing from one tower to another, and from the tower to the prison grounds, and through the gate a number of humaniods can be seen performing various activities.

Did anyone attempt to smuggle items in? And is there anything you'd like to do before entering the prison?

Mirth

Explorer
Not where I was expecting to die, per se... Xen thinks to himself as he pauses briefly and watches the activity around the prison. A guard roughly shoves him forward and Xen marks him for execution later.

Haradoth looks over the fortress with a mixture of admiration and trepidation.

"Sprites, why did it have to be sprites," he mutters softly to himself.

Haradoth will make mental notes of the passage into and through the fortress. The nature of each of the gates, mechanisms visible that affect those gates, guards numbers and watch positions. He will also try and get a look at any symbols of heraldry and see if one of the others recognize the emblem.

His demeanor will be passive while being lead into the fortress. Arms slack and head down, though trying to keep an eye towards those who accompany him.

GPEKO

First Post
Rupert looks at the prison and winces at the pain his lockpicks are causing him. Great ... just great. Why did I decided to do that again ?

dead_radish

Explorer
As you enter the prison proper, each of you is subjected to a through search. Luckily (for the guards and Rupert), the search doesn't involve any .... probing. Rupert does gain a rather unflattering nickname due to his slightly odd gait, however.

Once into the prison proper, a number of surprises greet you - the prison is open aired, which is surprising. Walls perhaps 50 feet tall surround the inner courtyard, butting against the mountainside in several spots.

More surprising is the presence of a large number of people basically milling about - a number of women are visible with picks and shovels, heading into a tunnel at the far side of the courtyard. A scattering of animals, primarily wolves, seem to be wandering freely among the populace. The towers that ring the walls, and entrances are visible from the main yard.

As you enter, you are guided, along with the rest of the members of the wagon, to a large open area by the guards. As you wait, you see a number of people begin to gather around, curiously.

You see a few people moving purposefully towards you from various parts of the prison - a Giant female, a litorian man, a Human man and a Verrik woman. After a moment, it is fairly clear they are heading in your direction.

Actions? Wait patiently, flee for the hills, kill 'em all? ;)

Remove ads