[AU]Vale of Shadows [IC]

GPEKO

First Post
Rupert will wait and see what those who are approaching want. It's not like he could go anywhere, with the guards still standing behind him.

OOC : Is there any buildings inside the courtyard ? any place to hide (out of sight) ?

dead_radish

Explorer
There are a number of structures - a large encampment sits on the far side of the grounds, another tented area lies to the west, a third to the east. There is also what seems to be a garden near the center of the grounds, with a low wooden building nearby. But there is nothing that would be considered "out of sight." The prison doesn't seem designed to have a lot of hiding places.

garyh

First Post
Ar-Pharos stretches, flexes his muscles, and then crosses his arms, waiting for the welcoming committee to come to him.

Inez Hull

First Post
Kyraelis moves just behind the protective bulk of Ar-Pharos and watches the approaching newcomers with equal parts curiousity and concern. He mouths a quick prayer to Gheln, reassurer of Faen in potentially hostile situations, and breaths out a sigh of contented relief.

Haradoth moves off0right from Ar-Pharos by about two feet. He stands with head cocked to the side, watching the approaching group.

While waiting, he whispers,"Let us keep this civil if at all possible. We know nothing of this place or these people. If our hands are forced then fine, but by the Dragon, itself, I'd prefer not to die the moment we step into this place, and am not certain how many of you I know well enough to die for."

He then focuses on the distant figures. His hand moves to scrap clean the horns of his crest.

dead_radish

Explorer
The figures approach you at approximately the same time.

They resolve into a tall human, greying at his temples, and well-dressed (relatively), a large Giantess casually holding a large mallet in her beefy hand, an older litorian male with a slash across his left eye, leaving him seemingly blind, and a blonde verrik woman with piercing blue eyes glowing out from the deep red skin of her face. They are now obviously headed in your direction.

The guards round you up, along with the other new comers. The Giantess is the first to arrive - she surveys the group quickly, and points at the only female in the group, a young giantess. "You, you are with me."

She then turns on her heel quickly,the woman following, after shooting a quick glance at Ar-Pharos.

The Litorian arrives next, and peers at you all. He points at Rowlth, at Heradoth, and at an litorian woman. "You three, you will join me in the encampment before nightfall." He gestures at an wooden palisade with two litorians standing outside the gates.

The blond verrik woman squints at the remaining group piercingly, pointing at the Sibeccai magister and a quiet man you take for a greenbond. "You pair are for Holis. Come now."

The greying man arrives last, and shakes his head. 'You lot are apparently mine. Do what you will - we have beds and shelter when you want it. If you get there...." He doesn't stay more than a moment, simply delivering his message, pointing at a large covered area, and leaving.

The crowd, however, has continued to thicken. As the greying man disappears from view, a bare-chested, tattooed man steps from the crowd, with a feral, wild looking faen and a sullen verrik following behind him - the verrik holds a gleaming pick in his right hand, and a makeshift shield in his left.

The tattoed man points at Rupert. "You. Slummer. I like your pants." He stares at Rupert expectantly.

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
Kyraelis whispers to his companions, "I believe that if we show unity, they will back down. If for no sakes but our own", he looks pointedly at Xen and Haradoth, "we must show that no one of us will be an easy target."

Kyraelis then nervously looks around, seeking a place of refuge should his companions decide that they will do better looking after their own skins. As he waits his lips move in rapid but silent prayers to no less than eleven different gods and goddesses.

GPEKO

First Post
Rupert

"Funny you would say that ... as I happen to like them very much myself." Rupert takes a few steps away from these newcomers, toward Kyrealis and the others. "Now, as much as I like being complemented on my choice of clothes, we have other business to attend."

Haradoth turns to Kyraelis and smiles.

"Then let us see how well we are at defending ourselves," he says before facing the tattooed man. "This one is mine, and perhaps I like your friend's pick."

Giving no one a chance to respond to his words, Haradoth belches forth a cone of fire at the three figures. He makes certain not to encompasses his companions, but is fairly heedless of who else must be singed to get the other three within the cone.

He then steps back a full thirty and squats into a stance that prominently displays his head reared back for another burst.

(should be one round of action--cant actually ready an action, but it's all for show.)

Last edited:

Remove ads