[ENboards Boston Event] Feng Shui: Six in the Chamber

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Hammerhead said:
I'm not familiar was Feng SHui, I thought it was just stupid people arranging furniture, but how can a janitor and a cook be in the same party as renegade cops, hitmen, and kung fu masters? It's kind of like playing a commoner?

Well, the janitor and cook are "Everyman Heroes". Think Jackie Chan in Mr. Nice Guy, wherein he's a cooking show host who just happens to be a kung fu master who runs afoul of the mob. Everyman heroes are one of the most fun archetypes in the game to play. They're easily a match for the cops, hitmen, and old masters.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Sancho looks beneath him and forms a plan. He’s falling towards an open garbage dumpster. As he lands in the dumpster, he fires at a large propane tank next to the wall. This serves two purposes: To send a raging mushroom cloud of fiery death up towards his attackers, and to propel the dumpster away from the building on its wheels. The dumpster pushes away from the wall with the force, giving Sancho an escape… and leaving Chef Tso with nothing to land in. Tso is falling directly into a rising inferno. He presses the nurse call button frantically… but sadly, the nurse is still busy in room 156 giving Mr. Kulp his sponge bath. Tso gets an idea and kicks off the wall with his feet, effectively moving out of the way while the cloud of flame rockets up past him. He then holds onto the nurse call wire as it reaches the end of its length, and swings back into the building through a window- John McClane style. Within an instant he’s on his feet, leaning out the window, taunting Sancho as he wheels away in his getaway dumpster. Fifteen feet above, Chen has run out of time to think up a way around the fireball. He plummets straight through it, burning himself and his nice suit very badly. Once the flames are gone, he feels much better… and then sees the ground rushing up at him. Panicking, he grabs the only available handhold: Chef Tso’s head. Tso doesn’t break Chen’s fall, but does break his own nose on the windowsill from the sudden pull downwards. He then flips out of the window and they both crash to the ground. At the third floor window, Chai Tong picks up an armful of bedpans- some clean, some not- and hurls them rapid-fire at Sancho. Sancho picks them out of the air with ease, and rolls down a hill, away from the fight. Carl shoots from a garbage vent nearby, riding on a dead mook.

CARL
What’d I miss??

Upstairs, a doctor is running through the halls, to heed the call of an elderly gentleman.

CHAI TONG
I have been shot. Someone heal me! You are all undisciplined.

The doctor steps over about eight mook bodies to heal Chai Tong. Not knowing where to start, he pulls out a little pen-light and shines it in Tong’s ear.

END OF SCENE 1

drnuncheon

Explorer
Gospog: You're insane. Glad to see you kept it up for them too.

PC: What's with all this getting shot? You're supposed to listen for the sound of the flexor muscles as they begin to pull the trigger! Even white men who move like pregnant yaks can handle that! :D

Dr. M: Sounds like an excellent run. Looking forward to the rest of it!

J
kind of makes me want to write up my Exalted game

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
drnuncheon said:
You're supposed to listen for the sound of the flexor muscles as they begin to pull the trigger!

I did! The smell of inedible Western cuisine and screaming mooks distracted my most perfect mind. It was shameful. I blame my most pathetic student.

Remove ads