Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
Ali Larter (Tracy Strauss)
Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet/HRG)
Kristen Bell (Elle Bishop)

Recurring Role:Blake Shields (Flint)
Ntare Mwine (Usutu)
Brea Grant (Daphne Millbrook)
Robert Forster (Arthur Petrelli)
Jaime Hector (Benjamin 'Knox' Washington)

Nathan learns of his father's plans, while Flint and Knox launch attacks on Hiro, Ando, Peter, and Claire. Meanwhile, Matt tries to revive Angela, Sylar meets with Elle, and Mohinder begins testing of his newest superpower formula.

Felon

First Post
OK, guys, time for some obligatory comments about Lyle, the turtle, Mr. Muggles. Chop-chop.

Personally, I'm going to call it a net gain if the entire episode takes place in the here and now. No time travel, no portentous dreams, just the squeaking wheels of a story moving forward at a reasonable clip.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I hope they explain how Knox and Arther got to Africa considering that if everything happened in real time (show time) from three weeks ago it only has been about 1 hour since Peter was flung out the window.

Felon

First Post
I hope they explain how Knox and Arther got to Africa considering that if everything happened in real time (show time) from three weeks ago it only has been about 1 hour since Peter was flung out the window.
I was guessing that Arthur has Hiro's teleportation powers courtesy of absorbing Peter's powers.

I'd be more interested in finding out how he even knew what Hiro was up to.

F5

Explorer
Better question is, WHY did he even go after Hiro? I mean how did he know what powers Hiro had?
Real answer? He has the Power of Plot, and so they put him where he needed to be in order to set up the cliffhanger. We will likely never, ever see any explanation as to how he knew what was going on or how he got there. I accept Villain Omniscience as a trope of the show, and have moved on.

Geeky, over-analyzed answer? He has Peter's powers. ALL of them, and the difference is, he knows how to use them. Upon gaining Isaac's power, he immediately went into a trance to foresee what the current likely threats against him were. He paints a picture of Hiro, in Africa, learning his dark secrets. As soon as he wakes, and has a chance to analyze what he's painted, he teleports there to power-wipe the threat, using time-travel to make sure he arrives at the exact right time.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Alternate Answer: Arthur hasn't spent enough time around Mohinder yet for the super-stupidity to rub off on him yet.

Yeah... but doesn't Peter also have Super Stupidity along with super emo-ness? So technically shouldn't Arthur spend the next several episodes bumbling around like a fool while getting all emotional about his failed marriage with Angela and the fact that his children despises him?

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Yeah... but doesn't Peter also have Super Stupidity along with super emo-ness? So technically shouldn't Arthur spend the next several episodes bumbling around like a fool while getting all emotional about his failed marriage with Angela and the fact that his children despises him?

No, Peters super stupidity is not his own, it is a seconday effect of being to close to Mohinder. Now Peter has absorbed the ability but unlike Arthur he can't control the powers he absorbs. The Super Emo-ness is all Peters but once more Arthur can control his own powers. Now if Arthur hangs around
Mohinder too long he won't be in control of the power and will exist in the super stupidity field that Mohinder eminates subconsciously.

Remove ads