HEROES Vol 5 #1 & 2:Orientation/Season 4/09

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
(Volume 5: Redemption) Orientation

Our heroes are trying to find ways to cope with recent events. Some (Claire, Matt) trying to find normality and others (Hiro, Ando, Peter) trying to use their abilities to do good. Angela worries about Sylar, and a new threat arrives in the form of a mysterious carnival

Guest Cast
Madeline Zima Gretchen

Stars
Zachary Quinto Gabriel Gray/Sylar
Greg Grunberg Matt Parkman
Masi Oka Hiro Nakamura
Milo Ventimiglia Peter Petrelli
Ali Larter Tracy Strauss
Jack Coleman Noah Bennet
Hayden Panettiere Claire Bennet
Adrian Pasdar Nathan Petrelli
Cristine Rose Angela Petrelli
James Kyson Lee Ando Masahashi

Recurring Roles
Zeljko Ivanek Emile Danko

Jump, Push, Fall

Claire discovers her roommate has been killed. HRG asks Peter to help him and ends up in a difficult situation. Hiro tries to undo his wrongdoing from the past and Matt finally decides to use his powers again.

Stars
Hayden Panettiere Claire Bennet
Robert Knepper Samuel
Milo Ventimiglia Peter Petrelli
Jack Coleman Noah Bennet
Ali Larter Tracy Strauss
Greg Grunberg Matt Parkman
Adrian Pasdar Nathan Petrelli
Cristine Rose Angela Petrelli
James Kyson Lee Ando Masahashi
Masi Oka Hiro Nakamura
Zachary Quinto Gabriel Gray/Sylar

heroes-opener_l.jpg

Last edited:

Tilenas

Explorer
In Soviet Russia, time freezes YOU!!

...but seriously, this is more of the same, except now we have the Traveling Gypsy Carnival of Ages led by an evil tattoo artist.

Gog

First Post
I didn't watch the whole thing but from what I saw they are once again "sarting over". Hiro can't control his power, Peter is an EMT, the company, etc. Oh and they brought back the Blonde AGAIN that pretty much sealed the deal for me. They have no intention of ever advancing the over all story.

Taelorn76

First Post
Listening to the carnie's accent made me think of something.

What ever happened to the Irish girl that Peter took to the future? He seems so focused on helping others I would think he would be a little concerned that he dumped a girl in a place she did not belong and left her stranded there.

fba827

Adventurer
Listening to the carnie's accent made me think of something.

What ever happened to the Irish girl that Peter took to the future? He seems so focused on helping others I would think he would be a little concerned that he dumped a girl in a place she did not belong and left her stranded there.

The writers have said in a couple interviews that i've seen ...
1) They never intended for her to get stuck back there but when they had to change things for the writer strike, that is a story line that got pushed aside
2) They have no plans to revist that story line in this volume
3) They have no plans (in general) for future volumes that would address it in a "good" way --- whatever definition of not good enough to include, I don't know. But they have a lot of critics, so i'm sure they're worried about a 'misstep' in any story line they even attempt to do.

fba827

Adventurer
I am cautiously optimistic.

Eh, I just watch it for mindless entertainment (same as I do for most shows), so I don't expect much. It was entertaining for what it was (a season opener to set things up).

I'm looking forward to seeing what they handle "fewer stories per episode" that they're planning on doing later this season (i.e. allowing a couple stories rather than trying to show a little of each person's story every episode)

random question (simply because i forgot), what happened to Mohinder? Did he die at the end of last volume or something? Or simply "went away"? I really don't remember ...

coyote6

Adventurer
I think Mohinder survived; I'm assuming Peter is still in touch with him, hence the powers he had. (I don't remember what Peter's last powers were at the end of last season, but I'm pretty sure they weren't Mohinder's, and he had them to start out.)

I suspect they've got too many stories going on, but there were two things that earned 'em an extra episode from me: one, Peter using his powers semi-intelligently (Mohinder's powers were about the best of the available options for what he was doing, and deciding to help Bennett just to get superspeed powers was a great touch).

The second thing, which guaranteed I'd watch at least one more episode all by itself, was they finally killed Danko. Halle-freakin'-lujah! The dude was a murderous SOB; if he had powers, he'd be as bad as Sylar.

Remove ads