Heroes #15: Trust and Blood/Season 3/2009

LightPhoenix

First Post
Claire needs to be written off the show. Period. She serves absolutely no purpose anymore except to be bitchy at HRG and be a random plot accessory. I mean, how many times did she get re-captured this week? Of course, it does remind us of an interesting point - regeneration, as a power, is not really that great unless you can do something with it. Adam was a Samurai, Wolverine had claws, and so on...

That aside, I found the episode decent enough, if not as good as last week.

Ando is going to be another character that needs to lose his powers fast. As awesome as JKL is, I don't see why he couldn't have used his power to boost Matt's so he could control the whole military squad, or Daphne's to go back in time to save Hiro/Matt, or Peter's so he could... well, whatever he can do now.

As for Claire's mysterious texter, I'm betting on HRG. It would have to be someone that had Claire's cell number; Peter doesn't count because he ditched his. That narrows it down to only a few known characters. Based on HRG smuggling heroes in the one future timeline, my guess is that this is where he starts.

I liked the way the episode was framed, with Nathan's call. I think that changing up the episode structure from the normal ABCD-plot is something they should explore more. It might not always work, but at least they won't fall in a rut.

I hope Sylar's sidekick this season is better than Maya. That said, I agree with everyone that thinks he works better as a loner. The exception might be when he's with Mohinder.

As soon as Hiro went on about getting his powers back, I rolled my eyes. That's just what is needed, another Hiro-quest. As if the previous ones have been wonderful. At least Hiro wasn't so over the top this week. I'd be happy if Hiro, like Peter, got a weaker version of his ability back - maybe just the time stop. I could even live with time stop/teleport, as long as he can't travel through time.

F5

Explorer
Finally got around to watching it last night.

Not as good as the premiere, but still a good episode. The pacing of the episode worked, I thought. Seconding the opinion that framing the episode around Nathan's phone call was well done.

Yes, Peter's power sucks now. Yes, the Hiro/Ando dynamic is broken. Yes, Nathan is an idiot, who gets in over his head with powerful people who use him. But, the writers know all of this, this time around, and they are addressing it IN THE STORY, so it works. Claire's Daddy issues need to be put to rest, yeah, but otherwise most of the baggage from Villains seems to be well in-hand.

I hate the Hunter, which means they're doing their job. I predict there will be a relatively high body count this season. I further predict that the Hunter meets his end, suddenly and unpredictably, from a well-aimed bullet from HRG. I mean, how else do you kill a special ops commando who's immune to powers? Friendly fire.

Something to ponder: what happens when Ando uses his power on Peter? Supercharges his abilities back to the way they were? If so, could Peter take Ando's power, then use it on himself, to get a "permanent" buff?

Something else to consider: Parkman can now read minds, communicate telepathically, control many minds at once, cast illusions, and Paint the Future. He's officially badass enough, now...I think we can stop. All he needs is to realize he can telepathically negate other peoples' powers (a la the Hatian), and Matt replaces Peter and/or Hiro as the show's Instant Win Button.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
As for Claire's mysterious texter, I'm betting on HRG. It would have to be someone that had Claire's cell number; Peter doesn't count because he ditched his. That narrows it down to only a few known characters. Based on HRG smuggling heroes in the one future timeline, my guess is that this is where he starts.

Hana Gitelman remember her?

Something else to consider: Parkman can now read minds, communicate telepathically, control many minds at once, cast illusions, and Paint the Future. He's officially badass enough, now...I think we can stop. All he needs is to realize he can telepathically negate other peoples' powers (a la the Hatian), and Matt replaces Peter and/or Hiro as the show's Instant Win Button.

Only until Sylar mind munches him.

Last edited:

Blastin

First Post
Just a quick thought on Claire's Regen power. I had been thinking about it since the one episode where she was bemoaning how regen sucks.
Coming from a biology background, Reg all by itself would be big time helpful in way other than being a bullet magnet.
Regen= no fatigue toxins. Need to catch someone in a chase? Run full out forever, no need to pace yourself. It's pretty amazing how fast sprinters can run in bursts. She wouldn't be restricted to bursts.
In a melee/fist fight? Anyone who has watched boxing or martial arts knows the importance of endurance. With even limited skill you could just flat out wear down many better fighters. Not to mention that their hits would have little effect but her even light hits would eventually add up. And, she wouldn't need to be that strong. Again, no other fighter can swing all out with all their strength for very long, they have to pace unless they expect a quick end. She wouldn't have to.
In a weapon fight she could ignore most defensive stances and focus on offense. Who cares if she take a few slashes or gets run through. No need to waste effort to block any but the killer shots. A HUGE advantage in a fight. It's also why Wolverine's breserker style works so well.
If they would just put some thought to stuff like this they could take Claire from the whiny, passive baby she is now to someone who could at least have some potential.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I do remember Hana - but I'm gueesing the vast majority of Heroes viewers do not.

For whatever reason, the directors appeared not to be impressed with the actress' acting ability. She was a throw away walk on part. I would be very surprised if we see her again. (Besides, she's dead as I recall).

Remove ads