Heroes #3--One of Us, One of Them/Sept 2008

Toj

First Post
I'm confused... are you all saying that since Parkman's eyes went white, he is manifesting a second power? Or did I miss him doing something else?

I was confused... did Sylar take one of the Sector 5's powers or no?

Darkwolf71

First Post
Grrr... They did such a great job making Sylar an interesting character last week now he's back to
Waaah... It's 'The Hunger' I just can't help myself. Oh, I am such a VICTIM'!
Boo-freaking-hoo.

And, what's up with Hiro? He's gone from amusingly naieve to complete moron.

Good parts: Ali Larter. I always liked the Nikki/Jessica storyline, Larter has an amazing ability to change personas mid-scene as we saw when she was in custody back in season 1.
Glad to see that she will be around for awhile, though I will miss the original character. Aside, I wonder how many clones of her there are, and who is she a clone of???

The Hatian: When he was 'on assignment, I thought he had been written out of the story, I'm glad he's still around.

Peter/Future Peter. Interesting interaction between them. I'm glad they didn't drag out the whole 'trapped in another body' thing out to long.

I guess it wasn't too bad over all it's just the Hiro/Sylar things that annoyed me.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I'm confused... are you all saying that since Parkman's eyes went white, he is manifesting a second power? Or did I miss him doing something else?

I was confused... did Sylar take one of the Sector 5's powers or no?

Parkman was taking a drug and then had headphones placed on him, milky eyes has been part of prophecy, it is implied that he will have the power to paint the future or at least learn how to see it. The "drug" may only stimulate the the power (any mutant may be able to do the same using drugs).

Yep, Sylar took Jesse voice power. The question is, was he really after Peter's powers as he was trapped in Jesse's body up to that moment!

Arnwyn

First Post
Grrr... They did such a great job making Sylar an interesting character last week now he's back to
Waaah... It's 'The Hunger' I just can't help myself. Oh, I am such a VICTIM'!
Boo-freaking-hoo.

And, what's up with Hiro? He's gone from amusingly naieve to complete moron.
This. Both of them.

My wife turned to me and wondered if the writers get off on beating all the characters (badly) with the "complete retard" stick. Seems to be a (growing) trend.

Should have written Ali Larter right out of the show. Looks like a complete waste of character - and more importantly - time. "Hey guys! We need to explain why we're keeping Ali around, even though Nikki sucked and we dumped her useless character and boring storyline!"

What's up with Sylar's complete personality change (during the outside police scene)? Some nice left-field antics going on there (though it made him slightly more interesting compared to his boring monotone one-track-mind self).

And yeah - Bennett makes this show worth watching (I'd say the same for Hiro and Ando, but that storyline... needs help. Hell, Adam made a better 'nemesis' than this blonde twit). Bennett's story at least provides a good focus for the show.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I'll agree on the "WTF Hiro?" bandwagon. I could tolerate it before, but this season it seems like he's been dialed up to eleven, and he's just coming off as annoying. The only thing I liked about him was that he ended up in Section 5. Ando and Daphne were better, and I thought they had pretty good interaction... plus Ando's plan was better, Hiro mucked it up by not stopping time immediately.

I wish they'd have Sylar use powers other than telekinesis (okay, and the knowing how things work to steal powers). You could argue he might have used one when stalking Claire, but we don't really know what it is. It kind of makes the whole "braaains" thing moot. I realize TK is probably cheap(ish) to do and easy to set up, but it's really getting annoying. It doesn't have to be a big thing - have Sylar come into the bank when he hears things aren't going right, instead of manipulating him.

HRG, as always, steals the show.

Otherwise, I'm pretty meh on tonight's ep.

F5

Explorer
I'm not clear on exactly what Sylar can do, anymore. Did he get back all of his old powers after he lost them last season, or just his TK? What about the psychometrist he "ate" at the end of the season premiere? I thought the implication was that he'd be able to steal powers with a touch, rather than having to poke around in peoples' brains. If he can do that, and instead CHOOSES to slice people open because he's a psycho, that's significant and should be played up.

The Voice Guy...wasn't he the one who HRG said "you don't want to know" what his power was, when Claire asked? Really? A sonic scream is Too Horrible for Words? That bugged me as just a cheap trick to build suspense.

I liked the Hiro in Feudal Japan storyline. I don't like Hiro's storyline, now. Any story that relies on the stupidity of its' protagonists to cause conflict is a story that I don't need to follow.

This was a weak episode, kind of meandering and inconsistent. Not a show-killer by any means, though.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I thought the implication was that he'd be able to steal powers with a touch, rather than having to poke around in peoples' brains.
I think it is the wording, an "object" as inanimate. Which, does mean he learned a lot when HRG gave him his gun! ;)

DonTadow

First Post
I'm not clear on exactly what Sylar can do, anymore. Did he get back all of his old powers after he lost them last season, or just his TK? What about the psychometrist he "ate" at the end of the season premiere? I thought the implication was that he'd be able to steal powers with a touch, rather than having to poke around in peoples' brains. If he can do that, and instead CHOOSES to slice people open because he's a psycho, that's significant and should be played up.

The Voice Guy...wasn't he the one who HRG said "you don't want to know" what his power was, when Claire asked? Really? A sonic scream is Too Horrible for Words? That bugged me as just a cheap trick to build suspense.

I liked the Hiro in Feudal Japan storyline. I don't like Hiro's storyline, now. Any story that relies on the stupidity of its' protagonists to cause conflict is a story that I don't need to follow.

This was a weak episode, kind of meandering and inconsistent. Not a show-killer by any means, though.
On G4 they had the sound guy and the magnet guy on the show, you can tell that neither was going to be on long by their demeanor during the interview. The sound guy pretty much said as much, admiting that he's usually just an extra. They also said that sound guy was suppose to have the power to cause earthquakes but for budget reasons that was written out. (I don't think he was suppose to say that because the subject was quickly changed). The Magnet guy seemed to not even care that he was on the show taking off his sound box before the interview was even over. Kind of gave me the impression they knew this wasn't going to last long.

This week left a lot to be desired. Three seasons i need some character development outside of new power uses. It's as if these characters are still as stupid as they've always been. Hiro sees the bad guy and has a quaint conversation and a silly mouse/cat chase. Didn't he bury someone alive last season. He should dos the same with her. Magnet guy died so quick considering there's metal in our bodies that could be screwed with. And where did Marlo go? He ran off in another direction of a building that's completely surrounded.

Very week show and I fear that this will be the last season of Heroes... and I"m the optimist. Mainstream media is chewing these type of things up and considering its a sci fi show on mainstream television, it's life is running thin.

Remove ads