Heroes #20: Cold Snap/Season 3/2009

LightPhoenix

First Post
A pretty good episode, if a little predictable. If you haven't seen it yet, stop reading now.

Peter's smirking rescue? Awesome. Angela? Also awesome. Easily the best storyline this episode. So much with so little.

So who was actually shocked by Rebel being Micah? Really? Still, NGC is awesome and I wish he were still on the show full time. His scenes with Tracy were the second best in the episode, and it was wonderful to have a hero that was actually being a hero. And I don't mean Hiro acting like a tool. Also, there's great chemistry between Cabey and Larter.

Of course, they go and kill Tracy just as she busted out her power. I wonder who she'll show up as next (ugh). Yes, I know Barbara, the third triplet. It was a really awesome scene though.

Speaking of Rebel... oops, he let Matt, Mohinder, and Daphne go too. Hah. I'm going to miss Daphne. I know she wasn't everyone's favorite, but I thought she had excellent chemistry, especially with Hiro and Ando.

As an aside... It would have been nice not to kill two women in the same episode. It would have been nice not to kill two women at all. Now we're down to Angela, Mrs. Bennett (part-time), Claire, and... er... what? Seriously.

HRG and Danko? Boring.

Oh, Hiro and Ando. We don't want you babysitting either. Heck, I'd be thrilled if Hiro were written off the show. That said, this was a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Some good dialogue, a clever way to give Hiro back a decent part of his abilities, and Ando blasting baddies? Definitely not bad.

Now, next week? Ugh. Don't care about Danko, bored with Sylar... blah. Hopefully they can pull off what they did this week... with less killing of female characters.

Felon

First Post
I really enjoyed this episode, and consider it worthy of "classic" status. The only painful part was watching a preview for that cop show "Southland" at every friggin' commercial break, with the seasoned, mentor cop spewing forth one pearl of wisdom after the next for that poor, beleaguered rookie. They were not afraid to lay it on thick.

So, Jessica and Tracy have another clone-sib out there, right?

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
A pretty good episode, if a little predictable. If you haven't seen it yet, stop reading now.

Peter's smirking rescue? Awesome. Angela? Also awesome. Easily the best storyline this episode. So much with so little.

So who was actually shocked by Rebel being Micah? Really? Still, NGC is awesome and I wish he were still on the show full time. His scenes with Tracy were the second best in the episode, and it was wonderful to have a hero that was actually being a hero. And I don't mean Hiro acting like a tool. Also, there's great chemistry between Cabey and Larter.

Of course, they go and kill Tracy just as she busted out her power. I wonder who she'll show up as next (ugh). Yes, I know Barbara, the third triplet. It was a really awesome scene though.

Speaking of Rebel... oops, he let Matt, Mohinder, and Daphne go too. Hah. I'm going to miss Daphne. I know she wasn't everyone's favorite, but I thought she had excellent chemistry, especially with Hiro and Ando.

As an aside... It would have been nice not to kill two women in the same episode. It would have been nice not to kill two women at all. Now we're down to Angela, Mrs. Bennett (part-time), Claire, and... er... what? Seriously.

HRG and Danko? Boring.

Oh, Hiro and Ando. We don't want you babysitting either. Heck, I'd be thrilled if Hiro were written off the show. That said, this was a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Some good dialogue, a clever way to give Hiro back a decent part of his abilities, and Ando blasting baddies? Definitely not bad.

Now, next week? Ugh. Don't care about Danko, bored with Sylar... blah. Hopefully they can pull off what they did this week... with less killing of female characters.
Very good episode I agree. However, Tracy isn't dead and I do like what i think her power really is. Notie how she didn't turn into frozen blood and guts like her kills, that was the first thing i noticed. It was confirmed when her face, eyes were still moving like normal after being shattered. something tells me she can reform herself and we'll see her again in that form. I'm glad hiro has time stop back and had decent dialogue. I hope andu only gives him the abilty to teleport, which works great for me.

Grymar

Explorer
Very solid episode. Having the old writer back really helped.

Best moment...the puppet master being hung up like a marionette.

Best reveal...Micah. I was still expecting it to be Hanna, but I happy it is Micah.

Best acting...Angela.

Best no-show...Nathan and Claire.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Very good episode I agree. However, Tracy isn't dead and I do like what i think her power really is. Notie how she didn't turn into frozen blood and guts like her kills, that was the first thing i noticed. It was confirmed when her face, eyes were still moving like normal after being shattered.

I couldn't really tell what was going on in the scene, to be honest. I thought it was just her pieces melting. I thought it was a little odd she froze, since usually heroes are immune to their own powers (Ted, Meredith/Flint, etc). That would be a nice twist if she didn't really die.

Arnwyn

First Post
One of the better episodes in quite some time.

I was happy when two heroes bit it (we need more cullings, not less - and I don't care if it's chicks or otherwise... well, yes, I do care. Tracy needed to go seasons ago), but I have a terrible feeling that Tracy is still alive. Sad.

And, as others have said, the Angela scenes were great. Unlike others, I still like Hiro - when he has good writing. This episode, AFAIC, was one of his shining moments that I'd like to see more of. Heh... "baby Genesis Device". "Life from lifelessness." Geek out.

Never cared for Micah (anything from the Nikki/Tracy/crap storyline needs to go), but at least he's acting like a hero. That's good to see and quite satisfying.

Danko sucks and is unwatchably bad. Next week looks like it'll be a terrible episode with Sylar (also lame) and Danko. Ouch.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I couldn't really tell what was going on in the scene, to be honest. I thought it was just her pieces melting. I thought it was a little odd she froze, since usually heroes are immune to their own powers (Ted, Meredith/Flint, etc). That would be a nice twist if she didn't really die.

I think turning to solid ice is another manifestation of her powers, much as we've seen other heroes like Matt learn to do new things with their powers. The fact that she was conveniently standing over a drain at the time means we'll be seeing her again. Interesting how Noah struggled to hold it together after Danko shattered her. He's by far one of my favorite characters.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Danko sucks and is unwatchably bad. Next week looks like it'll be a terrible episode with Sylar (also lame) and Danko. Ouch.

Yeah.

By rights Danko should be missing a few inches off the top, but I'm sure we'll get a retcony flashback next episode where Sylar talks to him in his apartment (which would explain the door is ajar alarm he didn't perviously have) in which Sylar offers to hunt down people, most likely either for the thrill of the hunt or for his choice of abilities.

There are so many ways for this to play out badly. I do hope the returning writers can make it work, and make it work believably so.

Felon

First Post
Yeah.

By rights Danko should be missing a few inches off the top, but I'm sure we'll get a retcony flashback next episode where Sylar talks to him in his apartment (which would explain the door is ajar alarm he didn't perviously have) in which Sylar offers to hunt down people, most likely either for the thrill of the hunt or for his choice of abilities.

There are so many ways for this to play out badly. I do hope the returning writers can make it work, and make it work believably so.
That actor playing Danko must be doing something right. I've seen him crop a few times lately--House and True Blood spring to mind. But he's not menacing at all. Creepy, sure, but too small and sickly-looking to be some badass soldier.

But Sylar has needed some direction for a while now. Just going around de-braining people isn't much of a modus operandi.

I liked Daphne's character, and consider her death to be something of a waste. I guess she was just too hard to write or something.

Last edited:

Remove ads