Heroes #15: Trust and Blood/Season 3/2009

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
My thoughts on the episode:

I thought it was actually a solid piece of work. I missed the whole "villains" arc, and so I'm coming at it a bit fresh after the writer's strike, so maybe some of what others aren't liking doesn't bother me as much.

As for the Speedster (I watched enough of "Villains" to at least know who she is), I hope she stays dead. It's always a problem in comics too when they can't leave dead people dead, and its been a recurrent problem on this show.

I'm also hoping Nathan isn't lost to the dark side. If he and HRG are working an angle, then it could lead to a very satisfying conclusion (probably to the series, alas!).

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned psycho-microwave boy's mom was Linda Carter (Wonder WO-MAN!)

Another thought on thinning the cast herd -- is it possible that the hooded prisoner that went out the back of the plane while still bound last episode was Maya? Man, I hope so!

Grymar

Explorer
I've not read anyone's comments yet, so forgive me if I repeat something.

Overall, good episode. The Claire/HRG/Nathan stuff is the most boring for me, but every time Sylar came on the screen things got great. I loved Hiro being insistent on staying and wanted to get his sword "The hero needs his powers back!" Good stuff.

Peter's powers were as we predicted, one at a time. Him grabbing Nathan was brilliant.

The episode should have ended though with Peter's speech to the other heroes. That would have made a much stronger ending than the Nathan/Tracy stuff.

rowport

First Post
...I thought it was actually a solid piece of work. I missed the whole "villains" arc, and so I'm coming at it a bit fresh after the writer's strike, so maybe some of what others aren't liking doesn't bother me as much....
Remus-

I am glad to see I am not quite the lone voice in the wilderness here-- but I also liked this episode! I really liked Sylar's bits; somehow the notion of him corrupting another mixed up kid makes him even more villainous. I loved his self-descrption as a force of nature; that unapologetic evil is great stuff. Forget Sylar as anti-hero, and keep him as the Bad Guy he is.

I am a bit more skeptical about him taking on a sidekick, but then, I can see that hero worship amusing him. As long as it does not "redeem" him again, I am OK with it. Frankly, I hope he kills the kid and eats his power in a fit of pique sooner than later.

The rest of the cast escaping from a plane crash across two days did strain credulity, but if you put aside logic on the details, I thought the overall sense of anxiousness and stress was pretty effective. I would much rather have those action scenes than angsty melodrama.

On that note, I *really* wanted Claire to just beat the hell out of the "hunter" guy instead of passively offering her hands to be cuffed. I mean, she might be a small woman, but still, instant healing has to be useful in a fight...

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I'm actually always surprised to be reminded how short Hayden Pantiarre (sp) is. The camera angles seem to accentuate it too, which I suppose is part of the point ("small petite frail looking girl is actually indestructable").

Arnwyn

First Post
Bleh. Overall a bad episode, for all the reasons people already listed above. I hope Speedster stays dead, but then they kill her and we get Weenie-Boy instead? Pffft.

Sylar's story (and consequently, Sylar himself) still sucks. He's out there... somewhere... doing stuff... and now has Weenie-Boy as a tag-along. Wonderful.

Peter is pretty good this season (much like Season 1). I like that. Mohinder has potential again. And I like how the group is working together. That could be pretty good right there, as long as they ignore everything else.

Sylar's story (and consequently, Sylar himself) still sucks. He's out there... somewhere... doing stuff... and now has Weenie-Boy as a tag-along. Wonderful.
Sylar is interesting due to the actor and character. I really liked his story.

Peter is pretty good this season (much like Season 1). I like that. Mohinder has potential again. And I like how the group is working together. That could be pretty good right there, as long as they ignore everything else.
It seems they have taken the stupidity out of both (for now). That's a big plus. But Peters powers suck now. ;)

Things I didn't like where mostly the HRG vs Claire stuff. That's out-played, as everybody can see. They two should be plotting together now, damn it. HRG & Claire might make a fine team against Nathan and Hunter (that's his name?).

Of course, I don't know where that brings in the rest, so that's not gonna happen this way.

I see signs of improvement in the show but its still saddled with far too much of the poor writing and production decisions that have been killing it for year. They (apparantly) dropped Maya out the side of the plane with a bag over her head last week. Good move. Then they kill off Daphne. Poor choice. She was one of the characters that I thought WORKED because of her relationship with Parkman. But then they added ANOTHER f'n character for us to NOT CARE ABOUT. Worse still, is that they may not have killed Daphne for good given their track record.

ENOUGH with Claire's daddy issues. Geez that's getting irksome. But the idea of forcing them all to go completely underground and off the radar is a good one. We just can't trust them to get it right , or even remember it next week.

I'm also very annoyed with the change to Hiro/Ando, with Hiro being powerless and Ando now being the hero. It does NOT work for me, especially since that dynamic was one of the few bright spots in the show. It was working fine until they reversed it. Just as Daphne/Parkman was working until now they've screwed with that.

At least I have Lost and Life to look forward to.

DonTadow

First Post
Hey they killed off time travel for good and offed two characters. I'm a happy camper. Also sylar has a henchmen now, let's see if he develops into Beastman or StarScream

Last edited:

Remove ads