Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli)
Ali Larter (Niki Sanders/Tracy Strauss)
Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura)
James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi)
Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet)
Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet/HRG)

Guest Star: Dan Byrd (Luke Campbell)
Zeljko Ivanek (Danko)
As the President begins to investigate Nathan's activities, Sylar prepares to find his father. Hiro, Ando, and Matt travel to India to find a new ally, and Claire faces her father's wrath to protect a new friend.

Steel_Wind

Legend
And now, the reason why Hiro and Ando just fly off to India (going through multiple passport checks only to be blithely ignored by Homeland Security and the CIA) was....?

No good reason at all, it seems.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
spoilers

Out of order . ..

Huzzah, Lyle! (Now that that is out of the way . . .)

"You can apologize to his blood stain, it's still warm?" :-S :eek: :lol:

So we have an almost-aquaman now.

Good to see the Heroes striking back.

Homeland security comes in post Ando and Hiro going INTL, so maybe there wasn't any support outside of the US yet?

The slo-mo walk away with the body over the shoulder works better with something blowing up behind you. :D

Grymar

Explorer
Good episode. Light on the action, but not bad.

* HRG and Claire changing the status quo...and in the process Claire finding out that her parents can't forever take her complaints without some repercussions.
* Aquaman isn't annoying! Much better than Claire's last power-boyfriend.
* Peter/Mohinder/Matt's sudden appearance. Good stuff.

Dislikes
* Hiro/Ando was fun, but the "above the law" groom folded too easily to make for a convincing story.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Better than last week. I wonder if they are relying on 2 different writing teams. One with some skill, and one consisting of a room full of monkeys with typewriters.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Now this was the first truly meh episode of the season volume.

Claire's whole rebellious child thing is old and tired. Give her something new to do or get rid of her. I would much rather have seen the scene between HRG and Sandra; I'd bet it would be very emotionally resonant... as opposed to the end scene with Claire.

The HRG kidnapping was hilarious, and had to be a callback to when HRG/Haitian kidnapped Matt in the same way back in season one.

I'm not really enjoying the angsty-Nathan story anymore. It was okay for one episode, but I'd rather have him be simply evil (right next to Simply Orange at your grocer). I suppose that wouldn't give the head military guy anything to do... oh well.

Like Steel_Wind, I can't buy that Hiro and Ando get through customs to get out of the country. However, that's a little pebble on the boat full of rocks that is another of Hiro's quests. Didn't Hiro already know how to be a hero without powers when he went and stole the Kensei sword? Ando is at least redeeming, but I'd rather see more of him and Daphne than him and Hiro.

Sylar's sidekick is annoying, however Quinto can carry a scene by himself, so that helped somewhat. I like Quinto laying out strategy and tactics to the kid instead of general carnage... it's a nice complement to Villains, where all of them had no real goals, and just wanted to blow stuff up. Also, I'm convinced the sidekick wrote down the address so Sylar couldn't tell he was lying. I kept expecting that scene, and in fact thought that would be why Sylar went back for him. Oh well.

Hopefully things will be better next week.

Last edited:

I think this episode was the best thing they've done in over a year. It wasn't perfect to be sure, but I think it was better and FINALLY gives me hope for the show. I think what I really like is that these characters are FINALLY starting to seriously join forces and DO SOMETHING rather than just aimlessly bounce around while all the rich and powerful shadow-characters play games with each other. It's what they should have done right after the end of season 1.

Claire still needs to get over it and... I dunno, get a job or something. Join the other hiding heroes. I feel a little better about Hiro & Ando but they NEED to revert to their former status. Hiro in particular just doesn't work for me AT ALL as a character being a "sidekick". Also, Sylars little sidekick isn't a particularly fascinating character and serves only as a tedious foil for Sylar.

I also have to say that although I dislike the way they seem to be re-writing history and characters like I change my socks its good that they have put a few rules and limitations in place regarding powers. If only they could now keep some of these powers consistent for a while instead of playing musical chairs with them all the time.

Remove ads