Heroes #20: Cold Snap/Season 3/2009

One person's solid is another's crap. :yawn: Just another filler and lame episode. :mad:
Neither crap nor awesome - but it IS part of the continuing effort to save/revamp the show and unless you just retcon the works in one fell swoop that takes time. Extraneous characters have to be killed off, old plots have to be tied off and new ones spun up, etc. It's filler because it will still be a few episodes before the effort can hit its stride. It's solid because there are still signs that it CAN be the show we all know it should be.

heirodule

First Post
I liked last night's Heroes.

One thing bugs me though, even through my suspension of disbelief

Matt Parkman's baby's power seems like pure plot device. Like the power is to "affect the plot". If it was just affecting TVs I could accept it more, but if someone has had a power REMOVED, then someone who can make things Go couldn't "start" it again.

I know Heroes has had "meta-powers" from the start, like Peter's and Sylars, and now Ando's, but the baby's bugs me. Its like a power based on a verbal description, not a physical or mental process. Like Letter-man or something, who can transform things by adding another letter to the word that it is. Making anything loosely defined as "stopped" "go" again is a very nebulous power.

Dire Bare

Legend
Didn't anybody else notice this episode was the first time Ando used his power offensively, and without boosting someone else's power!?!?! That is, if you don't count visions into a future past (or past future). The look on Ando's face after he zapped an agent with red lightning was pretty awesome!

Also, I was a bit weirded out by the demise of Daphne on the same episode Matt's wife is reintroduced with their child. It almost felt like a ham-handed way of getting Daphne out of the way so Matt can reunite with his ex. I guess we'll see how this plays out . . . .

Taelorn76

First Post
So who was actually shocked by Rebel being Micah? Really? Still, NGC is awesome and I wish he were still on the show full time. His scenes with Tracy were the second best in the episode, and it was wonderful to have a hero that was actually being a hero. And I don't mean Hiro acting like a tool. Also, there's great chemistry between Cabey and Larter.

Of course, they go and kill Tracy just as she busted out her power. I wonder who she'll show up as next (ugh). Yes, I know Barbara, the third triplet. It was a really awesome scene though.

Did you catch the close up of her face after she was shot.
[sblock]She basically winks at the camera[/sblock]

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I think the cute blonde lady turning out to be an angel will wind up alienating some viewers. ;)

Taelorn76

First Post
That actor playing Danko must be doing something right. I've seen him crop a few times lately--House and True Blood spring to mind. But he's not menacing at all. Creepy, sure, but too small and sickly-looking to be some badass soldier.

But Sylar has needed some direction for a while now. Just going around de-braining people isn't much of a modus operandi.

I liked Daphne's character, and consider her death to be something of a waste. I guess she was just too hard to write or something.
I also thought her death was a waste. I like the character. Why have her survive the shooting at the plane crash only to have her die at the hospital weeks later. I cannot think of any way not having her around these couple of episodes, would have changed Mat's story.

Grymar

Explorer
I also thought her death was a waste. I like the character. Why have her survive the shooting at the plane crash only to have her die at the hospital weeks later. I cannot think of any way not having her around these couple of episodes, would have changed Mat's story.

Chalk it up to Brian Fuller returning as head writer (this is my guess only).

Old writers: Daphne is still alive! Let's do more Matt angst and pining for her because he knows they are destined!

Brian Fuller: We are going to focus the show on the key players and not get distracted by B- or C-level plots. She's gone but gets to say a very emotional goodbye.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
But is Daphne really gone? Remember, Matt will be hooked up again with Baby Matt. Baby Matt workes on more than just electronics (i.e. Hiro's powers), so what is to prevent the Stop-Go Baby Power from making Daphne "Go" again?

Cheesy, Yes. But then has that ever limited Heroes before?

Grymar

Explorer
Sure, it could happen, but I don't expect it too. To go from Toddler Go Action to a Resurrection Touch would really be a huge step that I don't think (THINK) they will take.

I think this was an attempt to simplify and refocus the story and I applaud it.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I think the cute blonde lady turning out to be an angel will wind up alienating some viewers. ;)
You and your focus on blonde angels!
Liked Daphne too. We'll see if she's really dead (as long as miracle blood is out there, no-one can fully die—unless they ignore that too...)

Remove ads