Heroes #15: Trust and Blood/Season 3/2009

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
251221Heroes_Sylar.jpg

Trust and Blood

Director:Allan Arkush

Stars:Zachary Quinto (Gabriel Gray/Sylar)
Dania Ramirez (Maya Herrera)
James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi)
Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet/HRG)
Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli)
Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura)
Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh)
Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman)
Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet)
Ali Larter (Tracy Strauss)
Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli)

Guest Star:Dan Byrd (Luke)

Our heroes truly become fugitives, and they are on the run from one of their own. Sylar begins the search for his father, and Matt's paintings reveal a dark fate.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Well 5 minutes in and the bad writing is already showing itself. I guess I will have to wait till episode 8 or 9 to see if things get better. At this point I will just tough it out and hope the retconning and failure to accept the way reality works (beyond superpowers) arn't as bad. So far the immediate assault on the downed plane (or even worse no one fleeing in the first 43 hours of it being down) is not boding well.

Steel_Wind

Legend
It's still one hour drama. The sets, the cost of same and squeezing more shots from the same sets and location shoots rules the otherwise logical demands of the script.

Not saying that's a good thing; but it is reality....to a point.

As for Claire...give it a rest already. This girl needs to RUN AWAY FROM PSYCHO DAD(s). Are we going to the same angst conflicted Claire Bear stuff again? We can't go to that well again. It's DRY for god's sakes. It's so dry, it's a visible desert from high orbit.

Looks like we got a Jack Kerouac arc with Sylar and Luke. A shame. We've done this twice before. With Mohinder it clicked. With the Snooze Twins, it was death-on-a-stick. It was looking interesting with Sylar as the lone wolf. *sigh* I do love the melting of Magneto though. That was a nice touch.

One thing seems to be a plus out of all this. When Peter got restricted to having only one power at a time, it appears that he shed Super-Emo-Stupidity too.

It's like we were saying all along: the only check to Peter's power was that he was written as a moron. Now the uber_power is gone, they don't have to make him out to be such a helpless idiot.

Matt sure seemed to be taking Daphne's death (if death it was) pretty well. In his shoes, I'd have been a grief ridden mess - or a raging lunatic - or both.

We'll see where this goes.

A reminder - the changes to the staff and wirting direction on Heroes won't be seen for another 5 episodes at least - and even then - they'll be caught deep in the middle of a plot arc with little room to spread new wings and find new ground. My point: I think we're mostly stuck in this arc and this tone for the rest of the season.

By the way: They begain in Washington or New York - and then they were flying over Arkansas? Where were they taking them, I wonder?

Primatech in Odessa? Seems a good bet.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'll use Matt's current Issac African guy power to make a prediction: Sylar is going to kill the kid (like they did to Lyle, Mr. Muggles, and Mr. Turtlesan, and the snooze twins) once the producers get tired of him.

Also, one question...
does anyone know why Tracy did not quick freeze those two agents at the end?

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
I'll use Matt's current Issac African guy power to make a prediction: Sylar is going to kill the kid (like they did to Lyle, Mr. Muggles, and Mr. Turtlesan, and the snooze twins) once the producers get tired of him.

Also, one question...
does anyone know why Tracy did not quick freeze those two agents at the end?

Yeah what was up with that. i thought lyle was alive and was references in the show by HRG, but then the mom tells claire that the house is empty if she isn't there.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Yeah what was up with that. i thought lyle was alive and was references in the show by HRG, but then the mom tells claire that the house is empty if she isn't there.

Lyle should still be as alive as he ever was. Of course the house will seem empty since Lyle is only a metaphysical plot device that exists only when needed.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Spoilers!

What a shame after the action of last week that they chose to drop back down into slo-mo-soap-opera pace and trot out the dialog we came to abhor from previous seasons. I think we all understand the "normal life" dilemma Clair is facing and do not need to hear her bemoan it any more. Add it into the "previously on Heroes" mix as a two second sound byte for those just beginning to watch and let's move on.

Ali Larter has not been one of my favorites on the show but I thought she did a pretty good job this time. Perhaps because she had a morally/ethically gray moment with which she had to struggle. Her situation with Micah in previous seasons began to grate on me in the same way as Clair's dilemma.

I get the feeling that Nathan is actually someone else's stalking horse. Otherwise I am not sure they would be able to have the character turn back to being a true hero and I find it hard to believe they'd throw him under a bus for a plot.

I think they cast Zeljko Ivanek, in part, because he is three inches shorter than Adrian Pasdar and the lack of size makes the Hunter less imposing than I think he should be.

The Syler arc is shaping up nicely for this season and the introduction of a protege is a good idea, IMO. It raises the stakes for his character.

Hiro and Ando took a back seat this week, more or less, and I feel that episodes are often stronger when they are part of the main storyline.

Poor Parkman. He is becoming a vengeful god and we know he's going to hate himself when they drag Clair in to bring the Speedster back to life and Parkman then has to reconcile having killed in anger.

I'll post more if I think of more.

I'll join the "We need more Lyle and turtle, too!" fanclub, just because it is funny.

Last edited:

Remove ads