Heroes #16: Building 26-Season 3 2009

RigaMortus2

First Post
I actually enjoyed the episode. Not the best, but not the worst.

However, I do want to comment on something. I really hadn't thought about the whole Ando + Hiro go to India w/o any homeland security involvement. Now that people bring that up, that's a very good point. And if you think about it, the homeland security people were able to spy Claire and Aquaboy through a camera in the back of a parking lot, yet they couldn't spot Hiro at an airport??? Good catch people.

In my defense, I did DVR the show and watch it at 11pm...

Taelorn76

First Post
Also, I'm convinced the sidekick wrote down the address so Sylar couldn't tell he was lying. I kept expecting that scene, and in fact thought that would be why Sylar went back for him. Oh well.

Hopefully things will be better next week.

Didn't Sylar ask him what it was? And he replied that it was the address. That would have flagged the lie detection.

fba827

Adventurer
Interesting, but it would depend on if Sylar's "lie detector" ability works on things that are written down, because the kid gave him an address and it didn't go off.

In fact, the kid even said "here's his address" and it didn't go off.

Based on a couple not-so-subtle lines that Luke said, it is entirely possible that Luke is Sylar's brother(or half-brother). Of course, those same lines could have also been said as a way to invoke that sense in Sylar and the audience to make the pair's relationship plausible. But there is definitely some backstory relationship between Sylar's father and this kid (how else does he know all this stuff about him even though the mother hated Mr. Grey - based on that one line she said right before she was jumped by Sylar).

In any case, it was an alright episode. A couple things I didn't like and a couple things that entertained me, so it's all good. :)

Fast Learner

First Post
"You can apologize to his blood stain, it's still warm?" :-S :eek: :lol:
Except, as my gf pointed out, doesn't he mean "it's still icy cold"?

Claire's whole rebellious child thing is old and tired. Give her something new to do or get rid of her. I would much rather have seen the scene between HRG and Sandra; I'd bet it would be very emotionally resonant... as opposed to the end scene with Claire.
Very much agreed.

It was okay for one episode, but I'd rather have him be simply evil (right next to Simply Orange at your grocer).
Or next to Simply Red in the CD bargain bin.

When does the old writer who was good come back?
Yeah, definitely. Episode 6 or 7 of the new chapter, as I understand it.

Am I the only one who picked up a lesbian subtext in the relationship between the two indian women?
I caught a flash of that, too. Made me think, "Ando sure can pick 'em!"

Comics aren't just for boys, Alex. Get over yourself.
More importantly, writers get over yourself. Seriously, have they not been in a comic store since 1980?

The worst was the contrived Nicky insuring the funding angle.
Tracy, Tracy! ;)

Steel_Wind

Legend
Interesting, but it would depend on if Sylar's "lie detector" ability works on things that are written down, because the kid gave him an address and it didn't go off.

In fact, the kid even said "here's his address" and it didn't go off.

Doesn't mean that he doesn't have a cottage with that address - or some other house at that address.

That wouldn't make it a lie; that would make it the truth.

I don't mean to put too much stock in this "theory" as to who Luke really is, as there is not too much behind it other than a wild guess.

But the kid seems to know WAY too much. And the idea that he would know that the Old Man sold Sylar for money as a child is incredible - in the sense that anyone who did such a horrible thing would tell somebody he did it. There are some things you don't do; and confess that to somebody else is one of them.

The implication the audience is meant to take away from all of this is that the Old Man told Luke this because he's Luke's father. Making Luke a Gray and Sylar's brother (more likely, half-brother)

Sure, maybe. That's easy to go with. Sylar implies that himself the moment he discovers Luke has a power.

I'm just saying the neat twist is that he's been with his Dad all along.

"Soon...soon you will be with Yoda".

And we haven't even GOT to the "where's my real Mom" part yet.

That will come soon enough, I expect.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
However, I do want to comment on something. I really hadn't thought about the whole Ando + Hiro go to India w/o any homeland security involvement. Now that people bring that up, that's a very good point. And if you think about it, the homeland security people were able to spy Claire and Aquaboy through a camera in the back of a parking lot, yet they couldn't spot Hiro at an airport??? Good catch people.

Possible hand-wave - remember that Hiro is quite wealthy, as he inherited a controlling interest in his father's company. If he chartered a private jet, he wouldn't need to go through security. And his credit cards are undoubtedly from Japanese banks, not American ones, so if you figure some delay in getting other countries to go along with requests...

Fast Learner

First Post
I'll handwave back that private jets do have to clear security.

Frankly, though, the whole thing is a detail that I don't care about. I have no problem suspending that particular bit of disbelief, as there are a lot of little possible ways for it to have worked.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I pointed out the plot hole of them being on the run from the US government yet able to easily leave the country to my wife, who just sort of shrugged. What I found more implausible is that without Hiro's teleporting ability, how did they get to the exact place they needed to be in India so quickly. Also, though they are not shy about using foreign languages and subtitles, they people in the scenes in India were pretty quick to carry on lengthy conversations in English.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Also, though they are not shy about using foreign languages and subtitles, they people in the scenes in India were pretty quick to carry on lengthy conversations in English.

That is not that surprising. India was under British rule for centuries. English is still one of the oficial languages and is used as the defacto language when 2 people speak different languages, or even radicly different dialects. Watching Indian soap operas is both fun and confusing because the dialog can be at times a sort of Hindish (Hindi/English) where even in one given sentence half the words are of each language.

Felon

First Post
I now hunger to see Hiro beaten to pulp, demeaned physically and emotionally. His nonstop childishness behavior just needs to be smashed out of him. The silly poses, the obsession with the being the bigshot hero, the blather about destinty--all that arrested development junk needs to get turned down a notch. He's too deep into life and death situations to be blotting out the harsh reality of situations the way he is. Time to grow up a little.

And I really thought Noah was going to finally tell Claire he was fed up with her biting the hand that feeds her. Maybe that's how he feels, but he can't show his resentment for fear of alienating wifey. But most likely no, he's going to keep indulging Claire-Bear, and she's going to keep sulking in her room and throwing tantrums.

Not sure what they're thinking with Sylar's little buddy. Some fans like a badass jerk, but nobody likes a weak jerk. If there was a feeling that the kid was actually dangerous, capable of pulling his weight, he'd enjoy a lot more longevity than he's likely to.

Remove ads